Connectivity between IRIX 6.3 and windows - SGI

This is a discussion on Connectivity between IRIX 6.3 and windows - SGI ; Hi, I am having difficulty getting connectivity between windows and IRIX 6.3 O2 box. I have two IRIX 6.3 O2 boxes, when I connect them with cross cable, they can communicate between each other and ping each other properly. But, ...

  1. Connectivity between IRIX 6.3 and windows

    Hi,

    I am having difficulty getting connectivity between windows and IRIX
    6.3 O2 box. I have two IRIX 6.3 O2 boxes, when I connect them with
    cross cable, they can communicate between each other and ping each
    other properly. But, when I put any one of these boxes on the net,
    they are out of the network, can't ping any other machines on the
    network not even each other.

    netstat -rn shows Ierrs. I have tried changing the tcpsendspace and
    tcprecspace setting in the /var/sysgen/master.d/bsd file from 60 * 1024
    to 24 * 1024, but no luck..

    any help will be appreciated...
    thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Connectivity between IRIX 6.3 and windows

    In article <1161926762.756662.76150@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.co m>,
    sandz wrote:

    >I am having difficulty getting connectivity between windows and IRIX
    >6.3 O2 box. I have two IRIX 6.3 O2 boxes, when I connect them with
    >cross cable, they can communicate between each other and ping each
    >other properly. But, when I put any one of these boxes on the net,
    >they are out of the network, can't ping any other machines on the
    >network not even each other.

    How are you connecting them to the 'net?

    Have you taken into account the autonegotiation issues that
    cropped up with some switches, especially 3Com and sometimes Cisco?

  3. Re: Connectivity between IRIX 6.3 and windows

    On Oct 26, 10:43 pm, rober...@hushmail.com (Walter Roberson) wrote:
    > In article <1161926762.756662.76...@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.co m>,
    >
    > sandz wrote:
    > >I am having difficulty getting connectivity between windows and IRIX
    > >6.3 O2 box. I have two IRIX 6.3 O2 boxes, when I connect them with
    > >cross cable, they can communicate between each other and ping each
    > >other properly. But, when I put any one of these boxes on the net,
    > >they are out of the network, can't ping any other machines on the
    > >network not even each other.

    Thanks for replying.
    ==>How are you connecting them to the 'net?

    I am connecting them to the network by normal patch cable which is used
    in the networks.

    ==> Have you taken into account the autonegotiation issues that
    > cropped up with some switches, especially 3Com and sometimes Cisco?

    NO. I don't know about that.. here is the switch information which is
    used on the segment used for these IRIX machines.

    I have tried 10.150.2.0/24 segment on Cisco 2900
    and 10.150.20.0/24 segment on HPProcurve 2626. same problem...any
    info..

    Thanks.

  4. Re: Connectivity between IRIX 6.3 and windows

    In article <1161956130.084651.298440@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    sandz wrote:

    >==> Have you taken into account the autonegotiation issues that
    >> cropped up with some switches, especially 3Com and sometimes Cisco?

    >NO. I don't know about that.. here is the switch information which is
    >used on the segment used for these IRIX machines.

    >I have tried 10.150.2.0/24 segment on Cisco 2900

    Is that 2900 as in Cat 2950 or 2960? Or is that 2900 as in
    Cat 2900XL ? The 2950/2960 aren't known to have autonegotiation
    problems with the O2, but the 2900XL might.

    >and 10.150.20.0/24 segment on HPProcurve 2626. same problem...any
    >info..

    Is that an old procurve? I've heard of autonegotiation issues
    with some of them too (but not with newer ones.)

    Please see the following:

    http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.s...f572e9bc40afd5

  5. Re: Connectivity between IRIX 6.3 and windows

    On Oct 27, 6:56 am, rober...@hushmail.com (Walter Roberson) wrote:
    > In article <1161956130.084651.298...@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups. com>,
    >
    > sandz wrote:
    > >==> Have you taken into account the autonegotiation issues that
    > >> cropped up with some switches, especially 3Com and sometimes Cisco?

    > >NO. I don't know about that.. here is the switch information which is
    > >used on the segment used for these IRIX machines.
    > >I have tried 10.150.2.0/24 segment on Cisco 2900Is that 2900 as in Cat 2950 or 2960? Or is that 2900 as in

    > Cat 2900XL ? The 2950/2960 aren't known to have autonegotiation
    > problems with the O2, but the 2900XL might.
    >
    > >and 10.150.20.0/24 segment on HPProcurve 2626. same problem...any
    > >info..Is that an old procurve? I've heard of autonegotiation issues

    > with some of them too (but not with newer ones.)
    >
    > Please see the following:
    >
    > http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.s...wse_thread/thr...

    Hi,
    Good news. both of my O2 machines are no the network now. I put a 8
    port hub to connecto both of them and one patch cable to the network.

    I think there was some autonegotiation problem with the switchs as you
    pointed out. hpProcurve2626 j4900a was the HP model, which I was
    using.

    A lots and lots thanks to you.....
    Sandeep

+ Reply to Thread