SGI BAnkrupt - SGI

This is a discussion on SGI BAnkrupt - SGI ; Silicon Graphics have filed for Bankruptcy. Just incase you didn't know. A sad day indeed....

  1. SGI BAnkrupt

    Silicon Graphics have filed for Bankruptcy.

    Just incase you didn't know.

    A sad day indeed.

  2. Re: SGI BAnkrupt

    Obviously, looking at their website this happend some time ago.

    So I'm a bit late.

    mark@uunix.com wrote:
    > Silicon Graphics have filed for Bankruptcy.
    >
    > Just incase you didn't know.
    >
    > A sad day indeed.

  3. Re: SGI BAnkrupt

    * mark@uunix.com:

    > Silicon Graphics have filed for Bankruptcy.

    Yeah, right. Hope you had a good sleep ;-)

    Benjamin

  4. Re: SGI BAnkrupt

    I take it from that statement you must mean.. 'In your dreams' ?

    Benjamin Gawert wrote:
    > * mark@uunix.com:
    >
    > > Silicon Graphics have filed for Bankruptcy.

    > Yeah, right. Hope you had a good sleep ;-)
    >
    > Benjamin

  5. Re: SGI BAnkrupt

    * mark@uunix.com:

    > I take it from that statement you must mean.. 'In your dreams' ?

    No. I mean more like "Good morning! I hope you slept well while this
    went in and out through the media when it happened - some two month ago" ;-)

    Benjamin

  6. Re: SGI BAnkrupt

    Benjamin Gawert wrote:
    > * mark@uunix.com:
    >
    > > I take it from that statement you must mean.. 'In your dreams' ?

    > No. I mean more like "Good morning! I hope you slept well while this
    > went in and out through the media when it happened - some two month ago" ;-)
    >
    > Benjamin

    I only found out yesterday as I recieved a large letter from the
    bankruptcy agency. Thee I was thinking I'd got something new and
    interesting to tell the world.. turnes out I'm 3 months late.

    hey ho!

  7. SGI terminates MIPS/IRIX systems (was: SGI BAnkrupt)

    * mark@uunix.com:

    > I only found out yesterday as I recieved a large letter from the
    > bankruptcy agency. Thee I was thinking I'd got something new and
    > interesting to tell the world.. turnes out I'm 3 months late.

    Ok, how about that (fresh news): SGI terminates its MIPS/IRIX systems.
    Support will continue until 2013, and OEMs will be delivered with IRIX
    systems until 2008.

    Benjamin

  8. Re: SGI terminates MIPS/IRIX systems (was: SGI BAnkrupt)

    Benjamin Gawert wrote in news:4m64h6F4o535U1
    @individual.net:

    > * mark@uunix.com:
    >
    >> I only found out yesterday as I recieved a large letter from the
    >> bankruptcy agency. Thee I was thinking I'd got something new and
    >> interesting to tell the world.. turnes out I'm 3 months late.

    > Ok, how about that (fresh news): SGI terminates its MIPS/IRIX systems.
    > Support will continue until 2013, and OEMs will be delivered with IRIX
    > systems until 2008.
    >
    > Benjamin

    Old news also, sorry to say. Missed it by a week. Funny how those mini
    time-warps go

    -ks

  9. Re: SGI terminates MIPS/IRIX systems (was: SGI BAnkrupt)

    Le Tue, 05 Sep 2006 22:20:49 +0200, Benjamin Gawert a écrit*:

    > Ok, how about that (fresh news): SGI terminates its MIPS/IRIX systems.
    > Support will continue until 2013, and OEMs will be delivered with IRIX
    > systems until 2008.

    Have you a link for that? I couldn't see that on "Silicon Surf".

    --
    Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.
    Frank Zappa

  10. Re: SGI terminates MIPS/IRIX systems (was: SGI BAnkrupt)

    In article ,
    "-ks" writes:

    > Old news also, sorry to say. Missed it by a week.

    By almost 10 weeks actually ;-)

    https://support.sgi.com/content_requ...428/index.html

    so long,
    Timo

    --
    Timo Kanera - http://www.kanera.de
    timo@kanera.de - GPG Key-ID: 1024D/30CDB412

  11. Re: SGI BAnkrupt

    In article <1157458331.566953.208640@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups. com>,
    mark@uunix.com wrote:

    : I only found out yesterday as I recieved a large letter from the
    : bankruptcy agency. Thee I was thinking I'd got something new and
    : interesting to tell the world.. turnes out I'm 3 months late.

    Just got my copy today, scored a whole $0 out of it. The little guy gets no
    justice, I tell you!

    Of course, my "Developer Plus Online" membership only cost me $0 to begin with,
    so I guess I can't complain too loud.

    Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler

    --
    Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler - Master of Code-fu
    -- nicoya@ubb.ca --*http://www.ubb.ca/ --

  12. Re: SGI terminates MIPS/IRIX systems

    On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 00:27:40 GMT, -ks wrote:
    > Old news also, sorry to say. Missed it by a week. Funny how those mini
    > time-warps go

    Well... IRIX/MIPS/SGI was *the* *hot* thing in the early 90s - in the
    10+ years it apparently has lost the edge off "bleeding edge" and well...
    what is a week today? Time is running fast! ;-(

    Gerhard
    --
    SGI Hardware Info and Museum -- http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/
    "Wanted Items" -- http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/collection/wanted.php

    ( iris / IRIX / IP22 )

  13. Re: SGI terminates MIPS/IRIX systems

    On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 22:20:49 +0200, Benjamin Gawert wrote:
    > Ok, how about that (fresh news): SGI terminates its MIPS/IRIX systems.

    GOSH! What a surprise!

    Gerhard
    --
    SGI Hardware Info and Museum -- http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/
    "Wanted Items" -- http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/collection/wanted.php

    ( iris / IRIX / IP22 )

  14. Re: SGI BAnkrupt

    On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 17:08:58 GMT,
    Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler , in
    wrote:

    >+ Just got my copy today, scored a whole $0 out of it. The little
    >+ guy gets no justice, I tell you!

    No, they didn't. Part of sgi's restructuring consisted of taking the
    little guy, bending him over, then telling him "this isn't gonna
    hurt".

    >+ Of course, my "Developer Plus Online" membership only cost me $0
    >+ to begin with, so I guess I can't complain too loud.

    Apparently, some people got bent over less than others... ;-)

    isn't looking good, either.