We've got an old UNIX machine... It's an O2 system, and we're running
IRIX 6.3. We accidentally removed the folders etc and dev from the
system when clearing off unused directories to make space. Now we
can't boot the system to get these directories back onto the machine!
When we start up the machine it says that it cannot load because
etc/init.d is missing. We tried restarting the machine and clicking on

Stop for Maintenance - and we've tried every option on this menu.
We've got the IRIX 6.3 Applications cd and have tried to recover the
system from this disk, but cannot get it to read from the disk... Any
suggestions or can anyone help? Thank you!