DNS resolving on IRIX - SGI

This is a discussion on DNS resolving on IRIX - SGI ; I've got silly problem on Indy: it won't resolve domain names. The catch is however that it... does reverse lookups, nslookup, and whois... I put nameservers into resolv.conf, nsswitch.conf is set to hosts: files dns nis and duh, nothing works- ...

  1. DNS resolving on IRIX

    I've got silly problem on Indy: it won't resolve domain names.

    The catch is however that it... does reverse lookups, nslookup, and
    whois...
    I put nameservers into resolv.conf, nsswitch.conf is set to
    hosts: files dns nis
    and duh, nothing works- I can ping an IP address, but not its domain
    name.

    Any help appreciated.

  2. SOLVED: DNS resolving on IRIX

    nsd required to have domain in resolv.coonf (SOB), after that it went
    smooth

+ Reply to Thread