IFL for SGI Linux machines - SGI

This is a discussion on IFL for SGI Linux machines - SGI ; Did SGI port IFL to their Linux machines? (note: IFL=Image Format Library) Did it finally become open source? I wish so, considering that it was a great image I/O library and it deserves to survive. thanks zee...

  1. IFL for SGI Linux machines

    Did SGI port IFL to their Linux machines?

    (note: IFL=Image Format Library)

    Did it finally become open source? I wish so, considering that it was a
    great image I/O library and it deserves to survive.

    thanks

    zee

  2. Re: IFL for SGI Linux machines

    On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 05:38:58 -0700, zeecanvas wrote:

    > Did SGI port IFL to their Linux machines?
    >
    > (note: IFL=Image Format Library)
    >
    > Did it finally become open source? I wish so, considering that it was a
    > great image I/O library and it deserves to survive.

    It is in PP4SP3 Extensions. The license is SGI Proprietary.
    So yes it is available but not open source.

    2.3 SGI ProPack 4 SP3 - System Extensions CD

    RPM : IFL-1.5-3sgi403r1.ia64.rpm
    SUMMARY : Image Format Library
    CD : SGI ProPack 4 SP3 CD3 (/sgi/ia64/)

    RPM : IFL-devel-1.5-3sgi403r1.ia64.rpm
    SUMMARY : Image Format Library Development
    CD : SGI ProPack 4 SP3 CD3 (/sgi/ia64/)
    Jeff Hanson - jhanson@sgi.com - Field Technical Analyst

    You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
    You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
    I will choose a path that's clear
    I will choose freewill. - Lee/Lifeson/Peart

+ Reply to Thread