Reality, beat THIS! plus, R10k+ - SGI

This is a discussion on Reality, beat THIS! plus, R10k+ - SGI ; Hi folks, I hope there are still folks like Bejamin, Greg, Alexis, SkyWriter or hamei... 1.5 year later the layout competition to reality is still here, alive and kicking... They have login screen... I have boot screen, enjoy: http://rambo.id.uw.edu.pl/boot.html (also ...

  1. Reality, beat THIS! plus, R10k+

    Hi folks,

    I hope there are still folks like Bejamin, Greg, Alexis, SkyWriter or
    hamei...

    1.5 year later the layout competition to reality is still here, alive
    and kicking...
    They have login screen... I have boot screen, enjoy:
    http://rambo.id.uw.edu.pl/boot.html
    (also will show every 30 days when one enters the site from fresh
    browser window).

    Also, I'm looking for unusable R10k and better CPUs, the only condition
    is that they
    ought to be in good visual shape.

    Take care all,

    Rambo

  2. Re: Reality, beat THIS! plus, R10k+

    Le Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:24:18 -0700, m_roguski a écrit*:

    > 1.5 year later the layout competition to reality is still here, alive and
    > kicking...
    > They have login screen... I have boot screen, enjoy:
    > http://rambo.id.uw.edu.pl/boot.html
    > (also will show every 30 days when one enters the site from fresh browser
    > window).

    Kudos, Rambo! very, very cool site...

    --
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

  3. Re: Reality, beat THIS! plus, R10k+

    "Emmanuel Florac" wrote in message
    newsan.2006.04.16.21.59.13.242601@imaginet.fr...
    > Le Sat, 15 Apr 2006 16:24:18 -0700, m_roguski a écrit :
    >

    > > 1.5 year later the layout competition to reality is still here, alive

    and
    > > kicking...
    > > They have login screen... I have boot screen, enjoy:
    > > http://rambo.id.uw.edu.pl/boot.html
    > > (also will show every 30 days when one enters the site from fresh

    browser
    > > window).

    > Kudos, Rambo! very, very cool site...
    >
    > --
    > Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur

    I'll second that, a very nice job on the site.

    thegoldbug

  4. Re: Reality, beat THIS! plus, R10k+

    thegoldbug wrote:
    > I'll second that, a very nice job on the site.

    Yeah, and he writes damn good music too! 8)

    Btw Rambo, I have an R10K module for Octane you can have, probably
    a 175, but it's mint. Just cover the shipping is all.

    Cheers!

    Ian.

  5. Re: Reality, beat THIS! plus, R10k+

    DEAL! btw, I can use PayPal now, let me know on my usual mail

  6. Re: Reality, beat THIS! plus, R10k+

    * m_roguski@yahoo.com:

    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I hope there are still folks like Bejamin, Greg, Alexis, SkyWriter or
    > hamei...

    Yes, sometimes I have a look here and read the few new postings...

    > 1.5 year later the layout competition to reality is still here, alive
    > and kicking...
    > They have login screen... I have boot screen, enjoy:
    > http://rambo.id.uw.edu.pl/boot.html
    > (also will show every 30 days when one enters the site from fresh
    > browser window).

    This is really really well done! And all the nice little details! Really
    great work!

    Nice collection of computers also! What are you using the B132L for?

    > Also, I'm looking for unusable R10k and better CPUs, the only condition
    > is that they
    > ought to be in good visual shape.

    Can't help you with that because I got rid of my SGI stuff long ago with
    only an old O2 sitting here and collecting dust (I use it occasionally
    to low level format and test SCA disks).

    Benjamin

  7. Re: Reality, beat THIS! plus, R10k+

    > Nice collection of computers also! What are you using the B132L for?

    Uhm, didn't notice this post when replied on c.s.hp.hpux.
    Well, first of all all my machines are for sheer fun of having
    (and I must say, B132 is hard competition to Indy when it comes
    to chosing a "beloved" machine.. I'm actually seriously thinking about
    promoting it to full B180L- HP claims they still have upgrade kits).
    Also got nice SS10 with two SuperSPARCs. Costed whole 25 Euro.

    After that, it's nice to know aspect of administrating all flavors of
    UNIX,
    and also some exotic hardware.

    But most of all, I'm compiling and testing stuff. I've been loosely
    involved in
    beta-testing of XmCD, and also little sound editor called Xforge (now
    somehow
    stalled and forgotten).

    Rambo

  8. Re: Reality, beat THIS! plus, R10k+

    * m_roguski@yahoo.com:

    >> Nice collection of computers also! What are you using the B132L for?

    > Uhm, didn't notice this post when replied on c.s.hp.hpux.
    > Well, first of all all my machines are for sheer fun of having
    > (and I must say, B132 is hard competition to Indy when it comes
    > to chosing a "beloved" machine.. I'm actually seriously thinking about
    > promoting it to full B180L- HP claims they still have upgrade kits).

    I doubt they still have upgrade kits as these machines were out of
    support for some time now. And even if they have I don't think you'll
    hear the price ;-)

    > Also got nice SS10 with two SuperSPARCs. Costed whole 25 Euro.
    >
    > After that, it's nice to know aspect of administrating all flavors of
    > UNIX,
    > and also some exotic hardware.

    Then you probably already met SAM ;-) I really like SAM, it makes basic
    administration extremely easy (even from a text mode terminal).

    > But most of all, I'm compiling and testing stuff. I've been loosely
    > involved in
    > beta-testing of XmCD, and also little sound editor called Xforge (now
    > somehow
    > stalled and forgotten).

    If you build stuff for HP-UX let me know, I was planning to put up a
    website with Freeware for HP-UX, and the idea isn't completely dead yet.

    Benjamin

+ Reply to Thread