Where I work we've got an Infinite Storage NAS. At the back of this are
two NAS heads which is the ethernet interface to the NAS. This consists
of 3 ports and there are 2 heads for redundancy.

We use NLBS to load balance between the 3 ports on the head. SGI are
saying that this does not officially work with layer 3 switches. In our
case, all 3 ports are connected to the same layer 3 switch. This works,
but the throughput lower than you would expect. We can't turn the layer
3 switching off as we need this for inter-vlan routing.

So I am stuck here...don't really understand why NLBS does not work
with layer 3 switches.

My question is though: is there another way we could do this to improve
throughput?