mv format - SGI

This is a discussion on mv format - SGI ; Hi there, This newsgroup looks a bit empty, but I'll try anyway. I've donwloaded some sgi videos in .mv format. And I need to convert them to avi or mpg so I can play them in a XP box. Does ...

  1. mv format

    Hi there,

    This newsgroup looks a bit empty, but I'll try anyway.

    I've donwloaded some sgi videos in .mv format. And I need to convert
    them to avi or mpg so I can play them in a XP box. Does anybody know of
    some conversion utility that can do that?

    Cheers,
    Martin.

  2. Re: mv format

    On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Martin Tosas wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > This newsgroup looks a bit empty, but I'll try anyway.
    >
    > I've donwloaded some sgi videos in .mv format. And I need to convert them to
    > avi or mpg so I can play them in a XP box. Does anybody know of some
    > conversion utility that can do that?

    Hi Martin,

    An educated guess would be Transcode at http://www.transcoding.org - it
    does most formats.

    Hope this helps.

  3. Re: mv format

    Thank you for the suggestion. The only problem is that I just have
    access to a XP box. And I haven't found a version of Transcode for
    windows. Any other suggestions?

    Spamloes wrote:

    > On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Martin Tosas wrote:
    >

    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>This newsgroup looks a bit empty, but I'll try anyway.
    >>
    >>I've donwloaded some sgi videos in .mv format. And I need to convert them to
    >>avi or mpg so I can play them in a XP box. Does anybody know of some
    >>conversion utility that can do that?

    > Hi Martin,
    >
    > An educated guess would be Transcode at http://www.transcoding.org - it
    > does most formats.
    >
    > Hope this helps.

  4. Re: mv format

    In article , Martin Tosas writes:
    > Thank you for the suggestion. The only problem is that I just have
    > access to a XP box. And I haven't found a version of Transcode for
    > windows. Any other suggestions?
    >
    > Spamloes wrote:
    >> On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, Martin Tosas wrote:
    >>>This newsgroup looks a bit empty, but I'll try anyway.
    >>>
    >>>I've donwloaded some sgi videos in .mv format. And I need to convert them to
    >>>avi or mpg so I can play them in a XP box. Does anybody know of some
    >>>conversion utility that can do that?

    >> An educated guess would be Transcode at http://www.transcoding.org - it
    >> does most formats.
    >> Hope this helps.

    If my memory serves right it's more or less a QuickTime container. The
    codec however might be hardware-dependent (e.g. the ICE-supported codecs
    on O2) and in that case you are out of luck unless you have access to
    the actual hardware -- I'm not aware of any programs being able to
    play/transcode the O2 specific codecs...

    Akos

+ Reply to Thread