XIO Slot Link Failure - SGI

This is a discussion on XIO Slot Link Failure - SGI ; Hello, I have an Octane ESSI runing IRIX 6.5.16 (was running!!!) Doesn't reach multiUser state on restart, shows ==> XIO Slot link Failure XIO Device 13 Pulled the XIO module - everthing looked fine. Stripped all external acessories, except keyboard, ...

  1. XIO Slot Link Failure

    Hello,

    I have an Octane ESSI runing IRIX 6.5.16 (was running!!!)
    Doesn't reach multiUser state on restart, shows ==>
    XIO Slot link Failure
    XIO Device 13
    Pulled the XIO module - everthing looked fine. Stripped all external
    acessories, except keyboard, mouse & monitor, same status persist on
    startup.

    Any suggestions ?

    Thank

    PS: What is device 13

  2. Re: XIO Slot Link Failure

    In comp.sys.sgi.admin Adam Smith wrote:
    > Hello,

    > I have an Octane ESSI runing IRIX 6.5.16 (was running!!!)
    > Doesn't reach multiUser state on restart, shows ==>
    > XIO Slot link Failure
    > XIO Device 13
    > Pulled the XIO module - everthing looked fine. Stripped all external
    > acessories, except keyboard, mouse & monitor, same status persist on
    > startup.

    > Any suggestions ?

    > Thank

    > PS: What is device 13

    Hm, my Octane here shows:

    toni@luke:/hw/node/xtalk > ls
    0 11 15 8

    but I am sure my other Octane with cardcage has additionally a '13' here
    (I cannot check now because I am 50km away and the machine is off)

    Toni
    [fup2cssm)

  3. Re: XIO Slot Link Failure

    :
[...]

    Yes, 13 is the PCI cardcage.

    <http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/...I_EndUser/book
    s/Octane2_Duo_IG/sgi_html/apc.html#id5193868>

    XIO Slot ID # Device or Location
    8 System module (heart chip)
    9 XIO Quadrant C (lower right of XIO module)
    10 XIO Quadrant D (lower left of XIO module)
    11 XIO Quadrant B (upper right of XIO module)
    12 XIO Quadrant A (upper left of XIO module)
    13 PCI module
    14 (not assigned)
    15 System module (bridge chip: I/O functions)

    Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler