Cray-Cyber.org makes SGI Origin 2000 available for public - SGI

This is a discussion on Cray-Cyber.org makes SGI Origin 2000 available for public - SGI ; Hello, Cray-Cyber.org is a non-profit organization which provides access to historic supercomputers for free over the internet. Furthermore we reconstruct a museal computer room by obtaining vintage (super-)computers, putting them up and making them operational. Meanwhile we have obtained a ...

  1. Cray-Cyber.org makes SGI Origin 2000 available for public

    Hello,

    Cray-Cyber.org is a non-profit organization which provides access to
    historic supercomputers for free over the internet.
    Furthermore we reconstruct a museal computer room by obtaining vintage
    (super-)computers, putting them up and making them operational.

    Meanwhile we have obtained a new piece of hardware. Although it is no
    mainframe or real supercomputer it is an interesting architecture which
    we also want to preserve and which we also want to take into operation
    and make available for public logins.

    We are talking about an SGI Origin 2000 with 2 nodes and a total of 16
    CPUs and 16 GB of main memory. We are running IRIX 6.5.22 with the
    MIPSpro C and C++ compilers (the licenses were graciously donated by
    SGI).
    >From upcoming Saturday, this machine will be available every Saturday

    from 12:00 - 18:00 CET.

    We have a guest account where everybody is welcome to log in to and
    play around on the machines and if interested we also issue personal
    accounts.

    Further Links:
    - Our Homepage: http://www.cray-cyber.org/
    - Our Origin 2000: http://www.cray-cyber.org/systems/o2000.php

    We additionally already have a Cyber 960, a Cray Y-MP EL and a Control
    Data 4680 up and running every Saturday, whereas the Cray is running
    24x7, all machines are available for free logins over the internet,
    donations are, however, welcome.

    We hope you enjoy the new machine and appreciate feedback of every kind
    to mail@cray-cyber.org

    Best regards,
    Frederik Meerwaldt
    on behalf of the Cray-Cyber.org-Team

  2. Re: Cray-Cyber.org makes SGI Origin 2000 available for public

    Thats cool.

+ Reply to Thread