Power Challenge L - SGI

This is a discussion on Power Challenge L - SGI ; Hi, I have just been upgraded my Power Challenge L, and it was all going well. I was testing some RAM I had, and suddenly the machine now reports the IO4 as failed. A page on the net simply said ...

  1. Power Challenge L

    Hi,

    I have just been upgraded my Power Challenge L, and it was all going well.
    I was testing some RAM I had, and suddenly the machine now reports the IO4 as failed.
    A page on the net simply said the IO4 is probably dead, but I have tried 3 septrate IO4 boards, and had no luck. Since the IO4 must be in a certian slot, I cant test the slots easily... but I can see
    how it would suddenly just "fail".

    The machine just doesn't boot. I also sometimes get a PROM exception error.

    "The prom has experiance an unexpected error" (or something like that)

    Anyone any ideas?

    Cheers
    Mike

  2. Re: Power Challenge L

    Nover mind... I fixed it. The MC3 was dead. Its funny how the IO4 cant work without RAM.

    mike_remove_me_@dailly_remove.org wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have just been upgraded my Power Challenge L, and it was all going well.
    >I was testing some RAM I had, and suddenly the machine now reports the IO4 as failed.
    >A page on the net simply said the IO4 is probably dead, but I have tried 3 septrate IO4 boards, and had no luck. Since the IO4 must be in a certian slot, I cant test the slots easily... but I can see
    >how it would suddenly just "fail".
    >
    >The machine just doesn't boot. I also sometimes get a PROM exception error.
    >
    >"The prom has experiance an unexpected error" (or something like that)
    >
    >Anyone any ideas?
    >
    >Cheers
    >Mike

+ Reply to Thread