SGI 320 Dual Processor Voltage Regulator - SGI

This is a discussion on SGI 320 Dual Processor Voltage Regulator - SGI ; Recently I purchased a SGI 320 from eBay, and everything is intact and good to go exact for one thing - it is missing the voltage regulator that I understand is necessary for the second processor. So at this point ...

  1. SGI 320 Dual Processor Voltage Regulator

    Recently I purchased a SGI 320 from eBay, and everything is intact and good
    to go exact for one thing - it is missing the voltage regulator that I
    understand is necessary for the second processor. So at this point I am
    worried about booting the system without it in place, because this is my SGI
    320 system. The processors are listed below and any information that anyone
    may have is greatly appreciated.

    Pentium III - 450/256/100/2.0v S1, Malay, SL350
    Pentium III - 450/256/100/2.0v S1, Costa Rica, SL350

  2. Re: SGI 320 Dual Processor Voltage Regulator

    "darkstar949" wrote in message
    news:h86ue.1521$W74.341@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com ...
    > Recently I purchased a SGI 320 from eBay, and everything is intact and

    good
    > to go exact for one thing - it is missing the voltage regulator that I
    > understand is necessary for the second processor. So at this point I am
    > worried about booting the system without it in place, because this is my

    SGI
    > 320 system. The processors are listed below and any information that

    anyone
    > may have is greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Pentium III - 450/256/100/2.0v S1, Malay, SL350
    > Pentium III - 450/256/100/2.0v S1, Costa Rica, SL350

    I've got a VRM that I pulled out of my Dual 500Mhz 320 I'm willing to sell
    ( I 'm upgrading to dual 800's but the new one I got doesn't work with the
    800's but thats' another issue).

    thegoldbug

  3. Re: SGI 320 Dual Processor Voltage Regulator

    If you know it will work with the Dual 450Mhz processors I might be
    interested - send me an email with the details please.

    "thegoldbug" wrote in message
    news:NDpue.1789$re.180@newssvr19.news.prodigy.com. ..

    > "darkstar949" wrote in message
    > news:h86ue.1521$W74.341@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com ...
    > > Recently I purchased a SGI 320 from eBay, and everything is intact and

    > good
    > > to go exact for one thing - it is missing the voltage regulator that I
    > > understand is necessary for the second processor. So at this point I am
    > > worried about booting the system without it in place, because this is my

    > SGI
    > > 320 system. The processors are listed below and any information that

    > anyone
    > > may have is greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > Pentium III - 450/256/100/2.0v S1, Malay, SL350
    > > Pentium III - 450/256/100/2.0v S1, Costa Rica, SL350
    > >

    > I've got a VRM that I pulled out of my Dual 500Mhz 320 I'm willing to sell
    > ( I 'm upgrading to dual 800's but the new one I got doesn't work with

    the
    > 800's but thats' another issue).
    >
    > thegoldbug

+ Reply to Thread