alternate OS for o2? - SGI

This is a discussion on alternate OS for o2? - SGI ; Seems that there is now an openbsd port for the o2. http://www.openbsd.org/sgi.html -D...

  1. alternate OS for o2?

    Seems that there is now an openbsd port for the o2.

    http://www.openbsd.org/sgi.html

    -D

  2. Re: alternate OS for o2?

    David Gay wrote:
    > Seems that there is now an openbsd port for the o2.

    > http://www.openbsd.org/sgi.html

    I'd seen this, and oddly enough am interested. While IRIX 6.5.18 runs
    surprisingly well on my lowly 180Mhz R5000PC based o2, I've not used that
    system since I got my R12k/270Mhz o2.

    Has anyone actually tried it? Looking at the page, I get the impression
    that it doesn't support audio or X-Windows yet. Both of which are features
    I'd want.

    Zane

  3. Re: alternate OS for o2?

    healyzh@aracnet.com wrote:
    >David Gay wrote:
    >> Seems that there is now an openbsd port for the o2.

    >I'd seen this, and oddly enough am interested.
    >Has anyone actually tried it? Looking at the page, I get the impression
    >that it doesn't support audio or X-Windows yet. Both of which are features
    >I'd want.

    I haven't, but I would prefer NetBSD 2.0.2 because there port is a lot more
    mature (personally tested on an Indy):

    However, there's only XFree86 for the SGI Indy Newport graphics, and that
    only for Mips-Linux.

    scs

  4. Re: alternate OS for o2?

    healyzh@aracnet.com wrote:
    >David Gay wrote:
    >> Seems that there is now an openbsd port for the o2.

    >I'd seen this, and oddly enough am interested.
    >Has anyone actually tried it? Looking at the page, I get the impression
    >that it doesn't support audio or X-Windows yet. Both of which are features
    >I'd want.

    I haven't, but I would prefer NetBSD 2.0.2 because their port is a lot more
    mature and stable (personally tested on an Indy):

    However, there's only an XFree86 for the SGI Indy Newport graphics, and that
    only for Mips-Linux.

    scs

+ Reply to Thread