Multithreaded SCSL on a Prism - SGI

This is a discussion on Multithreaded SCSL on a Prism - SGI ; We have a loaner Prism system from SGI. I'm trying to use the multi-threaded version of SGI's Scientific Computing Software Library to solve sparse matricies. My program works fine with the single-threaded version, but when I try the multi-threaded version ...

  1. Multithreaded SCSL on a Prism

    We have a loaner Prism system from SGI. I'm trying to use the
    multi-threaded version of SGI's Scientific Computing Software Library to
    solve sparse matricies. My program works fine with the single-threaded
    version, but when I try the multi-threaded version it crashes. Here's
    the message I get:

    Solving with SCSL's LDL solver
    preprocessing...
    system error(22): __kmp_create_monitor: pthread_create: Invalid argument
    OMP abort: fatal system error detected.

    Where I run it in gdb here's the abort message:

    [Switching to Thread 2305843009213902544 (LWP 7294)]
    raise (sig=6) at ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c:30
    30 ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c: No such file or directory.
    in ../nptl/sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/raise.c

    To try and use the MP version, I am linking against libscs_mp.so and I
    set the env variable OMP_NUM_THREADS to 2 or 4.

    Am I not doing something right? Or is there a problem with the MP SCS
    library?

    Thanks,

    Dave Chen

  2. Re: Multithreaded SCSL on a Prism

    Someone emailed me the solution to my problem, so I thought I'd post the
    answer in case anyone else runs into it.

    All I had to do was set the LD_ASSUME_KERNEL environment variable:

    LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2

    dave

+ Reply to Thread