can't open display : (on Linux rlogin to SGI) - SGI

This is a discussion on can't open display : (on Linux rlogin to SGI) - SGI ; On Linux, I'm still getting the message "Can't open display" when I try to open a gui on SGI via ssh. Christopher Lusardi...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: can't open display : (on Linux rlogin to SGI)

    On Linux, I'm still getting the message "Can't open display" when I try
    to open a gui on SGI via ssh.

    Christopher Lusardi

  2. Re: can't open display : (on Linux rlogin to SGI)

    On Linux, I'm still getting the message "Can't open display" when I try

    to open a gui on SGI via ssh.

    The following works:
    ssh sgi_box date

    But, the following does not:
    ssh -X sgi_box gui_program
    Can't open display:

    Christopher Lusardi

  3. Re: can't open display : (on Linux rlogin to SGI)

    On Linux, I'm still getting the message "Can't open display:" when I
    try
    to open a gui on SGI via ssh.

    So, the following works,

    ssh sgi_system date

    But, the following does not,

    ssh -X sgi_system gui
    Can't open display:

    Christopher Lusardi

  4. Re: can't open display : (on Linux rlogin to SGI)

    In article <1115399346.468730.101910@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups. com>,
    clusardi2k@aol.com wrote:

    > On Linux, I'm still getting the message "Can't open display:" when I
    > try
    > to open a gui on SGI via ssh.
    >
    > So, the following works,
    >
    > ssh sgi_system date
    >
    > But, the following does not,
    >
    > ssh -X sgi_system gui
    > Can't open display:
    >
    > Christopher Lusardi

    On your client system (where shou run 'ssh -X sgi_system gui'), try 'xclock'.
    Do you get the same error? If so, you need to correct your DISPLAY variable
    setting...

    Kevin

    --
    Unix Guy Consulting, LLC
    Unix and Linux Automation, Shell, Perl and CGI scripting

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2