More Quake2 benchmarks - quake2_benchmark.xls (0/1) - SGI

This is a discussion on More Quake2 benchmarks - quake2_benchmark.xls (0/1) - SGI ; Hello, Hello, Last Feb. I posted some benchmarks from some SGIs at work. I've added a few more systems to that list. The benchmarks were collected using "timerefresh" on a newly started game on level 1. Quake 2 Benchmarks ------------------ ...

  1. More Quake2 benchmarks - quake2_benchmark.xls (0/1)

    Hello,
    Hello,

    Last Feb. I posted some benchmarks from some SGIs at work. I've added
    a few more systems to that list.

    The benchmarks were collected using "timerefresh" on a newly started
    game on level 1.

    Quake 2 Benchmarks

    ------------------
    Onyx350
    4x700Mhz IP53 R16K
    2048MB RAM
    V12 Graphics

    1600x1200x60
    Default OpenGL
    30.1 FPS
    Software
    12.7 FPS

    1280x1024x60
    44.3 FPS
    Software
    18.9 FPS

    1024x768x60
    60.1 FPS
    Software
    24.4 FPS

    800x600x60
    60.1 FPS
    Software
    47.2 FPS
    ------------------

    ------------------
    Octane2
    2x600Mhz IP30 R14K
    2048MB RAM
    V12 Graphics

    1600x1200x60
    30.1 FPS
    Software
    10.5 FPS

    1280x1024x60
    44.1 FPS
    Software
    14.8 FPS

    1024x768x60
    60.2 FPS
    Software
    24.6 FPS

    800x600x60
    60.2 FPS
    Software
    39 FPS
    ------------------

    ------------------
    O2
    1x255Mhz IP32 R10K
    256MB RAM
    CRM Graphics

    1024x768x60
    16.7 FPS
    Software
    9.8 FPS

    800x600x60
    24.2 FPS
    Software
    14.5 FPS
    ------------------

    ------------------
    Octane
    1x195Mhz IP30 R10k
    384MB RAM
    SI Graphics

    800x600x72
    NOT TESTED
    Software
    12.1 FPS

    640x480x72
    0.48 FPS
    Software
    17.3 FPS
    ------------------

    ------------------
    Octane
    2x300Mhz IP30 R12k
    1GB RAM
    SI Graphics

    800x600x72
    NOT TESTED
    Software
    20.4 FPS

    640x480x72
    0.76 FPS
    Software
    29.9 FPS
    ------------------

    ------------------
    Octane
    2x300Mhz IP30 R12k
    1GB RAM
    EMXI Graphics

    1024x768x72
    27.4 FPS
    Software
    10.8 FPS

    800x600x72
    35.5 FPS
    Software
    20.2 FPS

    640x480x72
    48.4 FPS
    Software
    30.3 FPS
    ------------------

    Enjoy!

    -Rob Ramsey

    P.S. - I'm attaching an excel spreadsheet with the same info. It's
    easier to read.

  2. Re: More Quake2 benchmarks - quake2_benchmark.xls (0/1)

    Robert Ramsey wrote:

    > P.S. - I'm attaching an excel spreadsheet with the same info. It's
    > easier to read.

    It's not. Most news servers remove attachments made in non-binary groups
    because attachments usually contain SPAM and viri/worms, and the netiquette
    also forbids posting attachments in non-binary groups. That's what binary
    groups are for, so better post Your excel sheet there and set a link with
    the msg id here.

    Benjamin

  3. Re: More Quake2 benchmarks - quake2_benchmark.xls (0/1)

    Le Sun, 27 Mar 2005 10:01:30 +0200, Benjamin Gawert a écrit*:

    > That's
    > what binary groups are for, so better post Your excel sheet there and set
    > a link with the msg id here.

    BTW Excel runs very poorly on IRIX. better post some ABS, SIAG, OpenOffice
    or CSV file.

    --
    Si ça a l'air facile, c'est difficile. Si ça a l'air difficile, c'est
    carrément impossible. Si ça a l'air impossible, c'est un compilateur

  4. Re: More Quake2 benchmarks - quake2_benchmark.xls (0/1)

    Emmanuel Florac wrote:

    > BTW Excel runs very poorly on IRIX.

    That's true - but Open Office *will* open an excel file for
    those je.... oops, sorry Robert ! Anyway, it's a useful tool
    to have. Thanks, freeware guys ! Now how do we get version 2 ?

+ Reply to Thread