NEKOCHAN - is it down? - SGI

This is a discussion on NEKOCHAN - is it down? - SGI ; i have not been able to get to the site for ages, it pings but there is nothing being "served"....

  1. NEKOCHAN - is it down?

    i have not been able to get to the site for ages, it pings but there is
    nothing being "served".

  2. Re: NEKOCHAN - is it down?

    In article , R10000
    wrote:

    : i have not been able to get to the site for ages, it pings but there is
    : nothing being "served".

    Seems to work fine from here.

    Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler

  3. Re: NEKOCHAN - is it down?

    Le Sun, 20 Mar 2005 03:22:38 +0000, R10000 a écrit*:

    > i have not been able to get to the site for ages, it pings but there is
    > nothing being "served".

    Works fine for me.

    --
    Sutor ne ultra Crepidam.

  4. Re: NEKOCHAN - is it down?

    On 20 Mar 2005 03:22:38 GMT, R10000 said:

    ] i have not been able to get to the site for ages, it pings but there is
    ] nothing being "served".

    Got some major downloads on fri, worked just fine.

    Now if only I could get sylpheed-claws 101 to actually _work_... grrr.

    -E
    --
    Emery Davis
    You can reply to emeryamazon@ebayadelka.com

  5. Re: NEKOCHAN - is it down?

    Emery Davis wrote:
    > On 20 Mar 2005 03:22:38 GMT, R10000 said:
    >
    > ] i have not been able to get to the site for ages, it pings but there is
    > ] nothing being "served".
    >
    > Got some major downloads on fri, worked just fine.
    >
    > Now if only I could get sylpheed-claws 101 to actually _work_... grrr.

    I have packaged sylpheed-claws 1.0.3 for IRIX freeware. You can
    download it from:

    http://reality.exsgi.org/ivanr/fw_sy...-claws.tardist

    I've been using this (and 1.0 and 1.0.1) for a little while now.

    Ivan
    --
    Ivan Rayner
    ivanr@sgi.com

  6. Re: NEKOCHAN - is it down?

    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:49:48 +0000 (UTC), Ivan Rayner said:

    ] Emery Davis wrote:
    ] >
    ]
    ] I have packaged sylpheed-claws 1.0.3 for IRIX freeware. You can
    ] download it from:
    ]
    ] http://reality.exsgi.org/ivanr/fw_sy...-claws.tardist
    ]
    ] I've been using this (and 1.0 and 1.0.1) for a little while now.
    ]
    ] Ivan
    ] --

    Hey, thanks Ivan. I'll give it a try, and let you know if it works for me.

    I think my problem may be some interaction between freeware and nekoware,
    perhaps I'm picking up a dso from freeware first, then I have some missing symbols.

    cheers,

    -E
    --
    Emery Davis
    You can reply to emeryamazon@ebayadelka.com
    by removing the well known companies

  7. Re: NEKOCHAN - is it down?

    ] Emery Davis wrote:
    ] > On 20 Mar 2005 03:22:38 GMT, R10000 said:
    ] >
    ] > ] i have not been able to get to the site for ages, it pings but there is
    ] > ] nothing being "served".
    ] >
    ] > Got some major downloads on fri, worked just fine.
    ] >
    ] > Now if only I could get sylpheed-claws 101 to actually _work_... grrr.
    ]
    ] I have packaged sylpheed-claws 1.0.3 for IRIX freeware. You can
    ] download it from:
    ]
    ] http://reality.exsgi.org/ivanr/fw_sy...-claws.tardist
    ]
    ] I've been using this (and 1.0 and 1.0.1) for a little while now.
    ]

    Ivan,

    Same problem I had with the nekoware version, although not in exactly the same way.

    Refuses to get mail, with message:

    harpo 31% ./sylpheed

    ** WARNING **: sock_connect_address_list_async: connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:110 failed

    ** WARNING **: can't connect to server.

    ** WARNING **: [11:47:02] Connection failed.

    Trace/BPT/RangeErr/DivZero/Ovflow trap (core dumped)
    harpo 32%

    The dump is on a missing function trap, cvd tells me.

    Any ideas?

    -E
    --
    Emery Davis
    You can reply to emeryamazon@ebayadelka.com
    by removing the well known companies

  8. Re: NEKOCHAN - is it down?

    Emery Davis wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:49:48 +0000 (UTC), Ivan Rayner said:
    > ] I have packaged sylpheed-claws 1.0.3 for IRIX freeware. You can
    > ] download it from:
    > ]
    > ] http://reality.exsgi.org/ivanr/fw_sy...-claws.tardist
    >
    > Same problem I had with the nekoware version, although not in exactly the same way.
    >
    > Refuses to get mail, with message:
    >
    > harpo 31% ./sylpheed
    >
    > ** WARNING **: sock_connect_address_list_async: connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:110 failed
    >

    > ** WARNING **: can't connect to server.
    >
    > ** WARNING **: [11:47:02] Connection failed.
    >
    > Trace/BPT/RangeErr/DivZero/Ovflow trap (core dumped)
    > harpo 32%
    >
    > The dump is on a missing function trap, cvd tells me.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Not really. You should open sylpheed's log window to perhaps get a better idea
    of what might be going wrong with the connection. You can also run 'sylpheed --debug'
    to get lots of debug output which might also be helpful.

    I'd also recommend you browse the sylpheed-claws-users mailing list archive at:

    http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/MLs.php

    and if you still cannot find an answer, subscribe to the list and post the details.
    The members of the list are usually very helpful and responsive.

    HTH,
    Ivan
    --
    Ivan Rayner
    ivanr@sgi.com

  9. Re: NEKOCHAN - is it down?

    Ivan Rayner wrote in

    > Emery Davis wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:49:48 +0000 (UTC), Ivan Rayner
    >> said:
    >> ] I have packaged sylpheed-claws 1.0.3 for IRIX freeware. You can
    >> ] download it from:
    >> ]
    >> ] http://reality.exsgi.org/ivanr/fw_sy...-claws.tardist
    >>
    >> Same problem I had with the nekoware version, although not in exactly
    >> the same way.
    >>
    >> Refuses to get mail, with message:
    >>
    >> harpo 31% ./sylpheed
    >>
    >> ** WARNING **: sock_connect_address_list_async: connection to
    >> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:110 failed
    >>

    >> ** WARNING **: can't connect to server.
    >>
    >> ** WARNING **: [11:47:02] Connection failed.
    >>
    >> Trace/BPT/RangeErr/DivZero/Ovflow trap (core dumped)
    >> harpo 32%
    >>
    >> The dump is on a missing function trap, cvd tells me.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?

    > Not really. You should open sylpheed's log window to perhaps get a
    > better idea of what might be going wrong with the connection. You can
    > also run 'sylpheed --debug' to get lots of debug output which might
    > also be helpful.
    >
    > I'd also recommend you browse the sylpheed-claws-users mailing list
    > archive at:
    >
    > http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/MLs.php
    >
    > and if you still cannot find an answer, subscribe to the list and post
    > the details. The members of the list are usually very helpful and
    > responsive.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Ivan

    i recomend you start a new thread and not hijack mine.

    i still cant get nekochan, tried several systems and decided it's my isp or
    there routing partners.

    has anybody got any good web-proxy addresses i can try to see if i'm right?

  10. Re: NEKOCHAN - is it down?

    R10000 wrote:
    > Ivan Rayner wrote in
    >
    >> Emery Davis wrote:
    >>> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 00:49:48 +0000 (UTC), Ivan Rayner
    >>> said:
    >>> ] I have packaged sylpheed-claws 1.0.3 for IRIX freeware. You can
    >>> ] download it from:
    >>> ]
    >>> ] http://reality.exsgi.org/ivanr/fw_sy...-claws.tardist
    >>>
    >>> Same problem I had with the nekoware version, although not in exactly
    >>> the same way.
    >>>
    >>> Refuses to get mail, with message:
    >>>
    >>> harpo 31% ./sylpheed
    >>>
    >>> ** WARNING **: sock_connect_address_list_async: connection to
    >>> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:110 failed
    >>>

    >>> ** WARNING **: can't connect to server.
    >>>
    >>> ** WARNING **: [11:47:02] Connection failed.
    >>>
    >>> Trace/BPT/RangeErr/DivZero/Ovflow trap (core dumped)
    >>> harpo 32%
    >>>
    >>> The dump is on a missing function trap, cvd tells me.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?

    >> Not really. You should open sylpheed's log window to perhaps get a
    >> better idea of what might be going wrong with the connection. You can
    >> also run 'sylpheed --debug' to get lots of debug output which might
    >> also be helpful.
    >>
    >> I'd also recommend you browse the sylpheed-claws-users mailing list
    >> archive at:
    >>
    >> http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net/MLs.php
    >>
    >> and if you still cannot find an answer, subscribe to the list and post
    >> the details. The members of the list are usually very helpful and
    >> responsive.
    >>
    >> HTH,
    >> Ivan

    > i recomend you start a new thread and not hijack mine.

    I said SIT-DOWN! I shall say this only once. Fly this plane to Cuba or I will
    shoot the hostages! Any more trouble from you and it'll be curtains for you.

    Ivan
    --
    Ivan Rayner
    ivanr@sgi.com