Exchange 2003 denying email from SGI client. - SGI

This is a discussion on Exchange 2003 denying email from SGI client. - SGI ; Hello all, I have an SGI system running Irix 6.5.23. It has the out-of-the-box sendmail config file on it and runs the standard sendmail executable. We have some scripts that generate mail messages to send to users both on our ...

  1. Exchange 2003 denying email from SGI client.

    Hello all,

    I have an SGI system running Irix 6.5.23. It has the out-of-the-box
    sendmail config file on it and runs the standard sendmail executable.
    We have some scripts that generate mail messages to send to users both
    on our local network and at remote locations. I get daily returned
    mail in my Outlook, from the SGI postmaster, that permission is denied
    to send messages to those remote users in other domains.

    As a temp fix for some remote users I added them as real users to my
    Exchange, then cut forwarding on to their actual remote address. This
    method though is getting tedious as the list of remote users grow.

    Any ideas either from the SGI side or the Exchange side on what could
    be causing this. Any ideas on how to tell Exchange to accept incoming
    sendmail from the SGI with a remote users address? OR any ideas on
    telling SGI sendmail what else to do?

    Thanks to all.

  2. Re: Exchange 2003 denying email from SGI client.

    On 18 Mar 2005 09:21:18 -0800,
    george.e.sullivan@saic.com , in
    <1111166478.867889.283900@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups. com> wrote:
    >+ Hello all,
    >+
    >+ I have an SGI system running Irix 6.5.23. It has the out-of-the-box
    >+ sendmail config file on it and runs the standard sendmail executable.
    >+ We have some scripts that generate mail messages to send to users both
    >+ on our local network and at remote locations. I get daily returned
    >+ mail in my Outlook, from the SGI postmaster, that permission is denied
    >+ to send messages to those remote users in other domains.

    Can you post the relevant parts of the rejection message? nuke the
    name/IP numbers if you like.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.

  3. Re: Exchange 2003 denying email from SGI client.

    I R A Darth Aggie wrote:
    > On 18 Mar 2005 09:21:18 -0800,
    > george.e.sullivan@saic.com , in
    > <1111166478.867889.283900@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups. com> wrote:
    > >+ Hello all,
    > >+
    > >+ I have an SGI system running Irix 6.5.23. It has the

    out-of-the-box
    > >+ sendmail config file on it and runs the standard sendmail

    executable.
    > >+ We have some scripts that generate mail messages to send to users

    both
    > >+ on our local network and at remote locations. I get daily

    returned
    > >+ mail in my Outlook, from the SGI postmaster, that permission is

    denied
    > >+ to send messages to those remote users in other domains.

    > Can you post the relevant parts of the rejection message? nuke the
    > name/IP numbers if you like.
    >
    > James
    > --
    > Consulting Minister for Consultants, DNRC
    > I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow
    > isn't looking good, either.
    > I am BOFH. Resistance is futile. Your network will be assimilated.

    Thanks James,

    Here is part of it.

    Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 12:53 PM
    To: aford@chicago-iso.isoto.gov; glogan@chicago-iso.isoto.gov