Has anyone ever - SGI

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever - SGI ; Bought stuff off these people :- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6&item=5760618 239&rd=1 Their deals seem a little too good to be true. Phill....

  1. Has anyone ever

    Bought stuff off these people :-

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6&item=5760618
    239&rd=1

    Their deals seem a little too good to be true.

    Phill.

  2. Re: Has anyone ever

    Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
    > Bought stuff off these people :-
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...6&item=5760618
    > 239&rd=1
    >
    > Their deals seem a little too good to be true.
    >
    > Phill.

    The auction you referenced doesn't seem to be too good of a
    deal, it's about average.

    -zolo

  3. Re: Has anyone ever

    zolo wrote in

    > Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
    >> Bought stuff off these people :-
    >>
    >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...1486&item=5760
    >> 618 239&rd=1
    >>
    >> Their deals seem a little too good to be true.

    > The auction you referenced doesn't seem to be too good of a
    > deal, it's about average.

    Ok maybey it's just that these things have dropped significantly in price
    over the last few years, bougt a similar system (at work) recon from SGI
    about 4 years ago and cost a couple of thousand pounds

    Though they do seem much cheaper on ebay these days.

    Phill.

  4. Re: Has anyone ever

    Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
    > zolo wrote in
    >

    >>Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:
    >>
    >>>Bought stuff off these people :-
    >>>
    >>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...1486&item=5760
    >>>618 239&rd=1
    >>>
    >>>Their deals seem a little too good to be true.

    >>The auction you referenced doesn't seem to be too good of a
    >>deal, it's about average.

    > Ok maybey it's just that these things have dropped significantly in price
    > over the last few years, bougt a similar system (at work) recon from SGI
    > about 4 years ago and cost a couple of thousand pounds
    >
    > Though they do seem much cheaper on ebay these days.
    >
    > Phill.

    Yes, I can sympathize. I bought a reman. R10K 250MHz O2
    from SGI in 1999 for literally almost 30 times what one
    sells for today!

    -zolo

+ Reply to Thread