Ian Butler? - SGI

This is a discussion on Ian Butler? - SGI ; Does anyone know what's happened to Ian Butler @ 13W3? Anyone spoken to him recently? Is he ok? I've been trying to contact him since early January, and I know other people have too. Here's hoping he's ok... Ian. SGI ...

  1. Ian Butler?

    Does anyone know what's happened to Ian Butler @ 13W3? Anyone spoken
    to him recently? Is he ok?

    I've been trying to contact him since early January, and I know other
    people have too.

    Here's hoping he's ok...

    Ian.

    SGI Depot: http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/sgidepot/
    Email: mapesdhs@yahoo.com
    Backup email (send copy to this too): sgidepot@blueyonder.co.uk
    Home: +44 (0)131 476 0796 (best to call this number first)
    Mobile: 07743 495403 (usually off; leave a message and I'll call back)

    SGI/Future Technology/N64: http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/
    Doom Help Service (DHS): http://www.gamers.org/dhs/

  2. Re: Ian Butler?

    mapesdhs@yahoo.com (Ian Mapleson) wrote in message news:...
    > Does anyone know what's happened to Ian Butler @ 13W3? Anyone spoken
    > to him recently? Is he ok?
    >
    > I've been trying to contact him since early January, and I know other
    > people have too.
    >
    > Here's hoping he's ok...

    Ian

    Haven't had contact with him in a while, but he's got an item on eBay
    at the moment, and has clearly been buying and selling in the last
    month judging by his eBay feedback
    (http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...ck&userid=13w3)!

    If you can't get him through "usual" channels, why not use the eBay
    "ask a question" feature, which I guess must still be reaching him!

    Best wishes

    Silas

  3. Re: Ian Butler?

    Maybe the police are trying to charge him with all those crimes that
    he's reputed to have done...

    (sorry)

  4. Re: Ian Butler?

    jonny_morrisuk@yahoo.co.uk (Jonathan) wrote in message news:...
    > Maybe the police are trying to charge him with all those crimes that
    > he's reputed to have done...
    >
    > (sorry)

    Is it a joke or true?
    I asked few times Ian about stuff presented on the website, but (after
    weeks) got a reply that the website needed to be refreshed, and stuff
    was not avail anymore...

    Is there any serious (used) SGI shop in UK/Ireland?

    Giorgio

  5. Re: Ian Butler?

    Giorgio Occhioni wrote:
    > jonny_morrisuk@yahoo.co.uk (Jonathan) wrote:
    > > Maybe the police are trying to charge him with all those crimes

    that
    > > he's reputed to have done...
    > >
    > > (sorry)

    > Is it a joke or true?

    Joke. I know Jonathan, he's just having a laugh. He won't be laughing
    though if Ian has been hit by a bus or something... who knows?

    > I asked few times Ian about stuff presented on the website, but

    (after
    > weeks) got a reply that the website needed to be refreshed, and stuff
    > was not avail anymore...

    I wonder if something has happened to him, accident, etc. Has *anyone*
    heard from Ian in recent weeks? Does he have a mobile number?

    > Is there any serious (used) SGI shop in UK/Ireland?

    Me! Where have you been?? (see sig, and my feedback file)

    There are various official dealers aswell: Cordnet, Danic, AMIT, etc.
    However, I'm the only one that tailors specifically to home/hobbyist
    requirements, with awesome OS installs, nuke-proof packaging, etc. I'm
    usually cheaper than the dealers too.

    Cheers!

    Email: mapesdhs@yahoo.com (eBay ID: mapesdhs)
    Backup email (send copy to this too): sgidepot@blueyonder.co.uk
    Home: +44 (0)131 476 0796 (best to call this number first)
    Mobile: 07743 495403 (usually off; leave a message and I'll call back)

    SGI/Future Technology/N64: http://www.futuretech.blinkenlights.nl/
    Doom Help Service (DHS): http://www.gamers.org/dhs/

  6. Re: Ian Butler?

    > Maybe the police are trying to charge him with all those crimes that
    > he's reputed to have done...
    >
    > (sorry)

    >Is it a joke or true?

    It's a joke, "the butler did it" being a common suspicion/accusation
    in murder mysteries.

    --
    garglemonster@my-deja.com

    It's OBVIOUS... The FURS never reached ISTANBUL... You were an EXTRA
    in the REMAKE of "TOPKAPI"...

  7. Re: Ian Butler?

    All right. I know well your website Ian (Mapleson), it is because of
    you (in the good sense) that I have a nice Indy (now unfortunately idel
    due to PSU failure) on my desk...
    I will check and look for a PSU after Easter!

    Giorgio

  8. Re: Ian Butler?

    "GiorgioO" wrote in message news:<1111089023.309392.52480@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.c om>...
    > All right. I know well your website Ian (Mapleson), it is because of
    > you (in the good sense) that I have a nice Indy (now unfortunately idel
    > due to PSU failure) on my desk...
    > I will check and look for a PSU after Easter!

    If you're feeling ambitious:

    http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic...highlight=indy

    or

    http://www.algonet.se/~yann/sgi/sgi-power.html

    Sorry Ian!

  9. Re: Ian Butler?

    13w3.com seems now to have vanished (just serving a blank page), and
    Ian isn't returning any emails on any of the addresses I have for him,
    so perhaps Ian (M) was right to be worried about him?

    Does anyone have any news?

    Regards, Silas

  10. Re: Ian Butler?

    > > Maybe the police are trying to charge him with all those crimes that
    > > he's reputed to have done...
    > >
    > > (sorry)

    > >Is it a joke or true?

    > It's a joke, "the butler did it" being a common suspicion/accusation
    > in murder mysteries.

    Yeah, sorry about that. I take it back.

  11. Re: Ian Butler?

    silas.denyer@turns.net (Silas Denyer) wrote:
    > 13w3.com seems now to have vanished (just serving a blank page), and
    > Ian isn't returning any emails on any of the addresses I have for him,
    > so perhaps Ian (M) was right to be worried about him?

    Eek, not good. Nobody has heard from Ian B. since January. Last I
    spoke to him, he was doing 2 weeks of contract work for AOL. I know
    he owes one person an Octane (paid for, never sent) and he owes me
    a HighIMPACT set; anyone else here in the middle of transactions?

    I fear for the worst. Ian never struck me as the type to go walkies;
    had good chats with him by phone and he helped me with my site too.
    Illness or worse is now my suspicion. :\

    Ian.

  12. Re: Ian Butler?

    ["Followup-To:" nach comp.sys.sgi.marketplace gesetzt.]
    > I fear for the worst. Ian never struck me as the type to go walkies;
    > had good chats with him by phone and he helped me with my site too.
    > Illness or worse is now my suspicion. :\

    This all is not good news. I've previously also dealt with Ian(1) and
    he proved to be nice, fast and reliable. So not responding in the
    middle of a deal doesn't seem like his style.

    Gerhard
    (1) The other one. ;-)
    --
    http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/

  13. Re: Ian Butler?

    Gerhard Lenerz wrote in message news:<8jjnj2-eod.ln1@news.g-lenerz.de>...
    > ["Followup-To:" nach comp.sys.sgi.marketplace gesetzt.]
    > > I fear for the worst. Ian never struck me as the type to go walkies;
    > > had good chats with him by phone and he helped me with my site too.
    > > Illness or worse is now my suspicion. :\

    > This all is not good news. I've previously also dealt with Ian(1) and
    > he proved to be nice, fast and reliable. So not responding in the
    > middle of a deal doesn't seem like his style.

    He has carried on buying things on eBay (or at least his ebayID has
    done so!) as can be seen from
    http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...ck&userid=13w3

    I have tried emailing him through eBay with a "c.s.s.m is worried
    about you" message, but no reply, so no more ideas I'm afraid.

    Likewise I've bought stuff from him and been impressed and not had the
    impression of his "walking off" so all a bit puzzling really.

    Silas

+ Reply to Thread