[This is offtopic from an SGI perspective, although perhaps "ontopic"
for the SGI users who chose SGI for reasons close to mine]

OK, today is the day. New iMac released. I had many hopes in this
product, but unfortunately it ships with a FX5200 GPU. For the moment
I wish to avoid a desktop tower, so I guess I'll continue waiting
until Apple decides to put a really modern GPU in a non-desktop
machine.

No idea about Apple plans for OpenGL 2.0, though. Also, I think
neither Nvidia nor ATI have said which of their GPUs will be the
minimum requisite to support 2.0.

Wish they had plugged a new GPU in that iMac!

:-(

CÚsar