CDROM on O2 doesn't open - SGI

This is a discussion on CDROM on O2 doesn't open - SGI ; I just bought this O2 and the CDROM doesn't open. It make a sound but that's it. I tried the command eject but that's it. I dont know much about O2 (how to mount it or reset it) Please help ...

  1. CDROM on O2 doesn't open

    I just bought this O2 and the CDROM doesn't open.
    It make a sound but that's it.
    I tried the command eject but that's it.
    I dont know much about O2
    (how to mount it or reset it)

    Please help me

  2. Re: CDROM on O2 doesn't open

    mores> I just bought this O2 and the CDROM doesn't open. It
    mores> make a sound but that's it. I tried the command eject
    mores> but that's it. I dont know much about O2 (how to
    mores> mount it or reset it)

    Does the little light stay on? I would bet that the drive
    is dead.

    Your best bet may be to try to get an external SCSI CD-ROM
    drive, and plug that onto the 68-pin SCSI connector on the rear.
    I fear your internal drive is dead (and in my limited experience,
    I have found O2 CD-ROM's to be frail by this age... :-( ).

    -Gord

    --
    Gordon Pritchard, P.Eng. VA7GP
    White Rock, B.C. Canada