desktop lockups - SGI

This is a discussion on desktop lockups - SGI ; occasionally my Octane desktop locks up harder than a whore's heart, with no pattern I've ever been able to find. Have occasionally seen this in the console tho so am wondering if there is a possible connection - anyone know ...

  1. desktop lockups

    occasionally my Octane desktop locks up harder than a
    whore's heart, with no pattern I've ever been able to
    find. Have occasionally seen this in the console tho so
    am wondering if there is a possible connection - anyone
    know what

    Gort 1% WARNING: ioc3_pckm: port 0 stuck

    means, exactly ?

  2. Re: desktop lockups

    hamei wrote:

    > occasionally my Octane desktop locks up harder than a
    > whore's heart, with no pattern I've ever been able to
    > find. Have occasionally seen this in the console tho so
    > am wondering if there is a possible connection - anyone
    > know what
    >
    > Gort 1% WARNING: ioc3_pckm: port 0 stuck
    >
    > means, exactly ?

    Not sure what it means (other than PeeCee keyboard and mouse ports),
    I've see it before too, IIRC, upgrading to newer version of Irix
    fixed the problem, this was probably around .17 or so.

    --
    Greg Douglas
    Reputable Systems

  3. Re: desktop lockups

    Greg Douglas wrote:
    > hamei wrote:
    >
    >> occasionally my Octane desktop locks up harder than a
    >> whore's heart, with no pattern I've ever been able to
    >> find. Have occasionally seen this in the console tho so
    >> am wondering if there is a possible connection - anyone
    >> know what
    >>
    >> Gort 1% WARNING: ioc3_pckm: port 0 stuck
    >>
    >> means, exactly ?

    > Not sure what it means (other than PeeCee keyboard and mouse ports),
    > I've see it before too, IIRC, upgrading to newer version of Irix
    > fixed the problem, this was probably around .17 or so.

    The problem was in .19 and fixed in .20.

    Ivan
    --
    Ivan Rayner
    ivanr@sgi.com