xmcd - SGI

This is a discussion on xmcd - SGI ; I have xmcd set up under IRIX 6.5.15 on an Indigo2 IMPACT R10000 with the Toshiba XM-5301B CD-ROM drive. The CDDA is working okay except that he volume keeps turning itself down to 0. I slide the volume back up ...

  1. xmcd

    I have xmcd set up under IRIX 6.5.15 on an Indigo2 IMPACT R10000 with the
    Toshiba XM-5301B CD-ROM drive. The CDDA is working okay except that he
    volume keeps turning itself down to 0. I slide the volume back up and it
    goes incrementally right back down to 0. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

    Patrick Hollenshead

  2. Re: xmcd

    "Patrick Hollenshead" wrote in message news:...
    > I have xmcd set up under IRIX 6.5.15 on an Indigo2 IMPACT R10000 with the
    > Toshiba XM-5301B CD-ROM drive. The CDDA is working okay except that he
    > volume keeps turning itself down to 0. I slide the volume back up and it
    > goes incrementally right back down to 0. Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks.

    Hi

    I happen to be a beta tester for XMcd, it's normal: this is the
    "rounding" problem because xmcd convert float volume of dmedia to its
    own 0-100 range,
    unfortunately this leads to problems you describe, the workaround it
    to use volume of 45-47 (exact rounding), or line output on Indigo2.

    > Patrick Hollenshead

    Rambo

  3. Re: xmcd

    So I should change my scsiAudioVolumeBase to 45 to correct this?? Thanks.

    Patrick

    news:d14c3507.0402230337.6e075b4d@posting.google.c om...

    > > I have xmcd set up under IRIX 6.5.15 on an Indigo2 IMPACT R10000 with

    the
    > > Toshiba XM-5301B CD-ROM drive. The CDDA is working okay except that he
    > > volume keeps turning itself down to 0. I slide the volume back up and

    it
    > > goes incrementally right back down to 0. Any help would be appreciated.
    > > Thanks.

    > Hi
    >
    > I happen to be a beta tester for XMcd, it's normal: this is the
    > "rounding" problem because xmcd convert float volume of dmedia to its
    > own 0-100 range,
    > unfortunately this leads to problems you describe, the workaround it
    > to use volume of 45-47 (exact rounding), or line output on Indigo2.
    >
    > > Patrick Hollenshead

    > Rambo

  4. Re: xmcd

    "Patrick Hollenshead" wrote in message news:...
    > So I should change my scsiAudioVolumeBase to 45 to correct this?? Thanks.
    >
    > Patrick

    This has nothing to do with scsiAudioVolumeBase, assuming you're
    talking about cdda mode, you just need volume slider to range of 45-47,
    then writer (audio playback) thread should have least problems to round
    the real (dmedia) volume to its own and then set it (in that case about
    47- that way the rounding error is too small to affect both values when
    it again asks dmedia, then sets volume and so on and so forth).

    Rambo

+ Reply to Thread