This Old SGI site - SGI

This is a discussion on This Old SGI site - SGI ; Does anyone know where This Old SGI site has gone. I have been unable to find it lately. Located in my favorites and now when I click on it the screen says unable to find it. A fine site that ...

  1. This Old SGI site

    Does anyone know where This Old SGI site has gone. I have been unable
    to find it lately. Located in my favorites and now when I click on it
    the screen says unable to find it. A fine site that had quite an
    extensive list of SGI 4D part numbers, information, etc. Does anyone
    know where it has moved to? Thanks, Richard

  2. Re: This Old SGI site

    Richard Aulozzi wrote:

    > Does anyone know where This Old SGI site has gone. I have been unable
    > to find it lately. Located in my favorites and now when I click on it
    > the screen says unable to find it. A fine site that had quite an
    > extensive list of SGI 4D part numbers, information, etc. Does anyone
    > know where it has moved to? Thanks, Richard

    I cannot reach it either :/

    Niclas
    ___

    SiliconGraphics, Computing in Style.

  3. Re: This Old SGI site

    "Richard Aulozzi" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:d8622372.0402211333.79ec9685@posting.google.c om...
    > Does anyone know where This Old SGI site has gone. I have been unable
    > to find it lately. Located in my favorites and now when I click on it
    > the screen says unable to find it. A fine site that had quite an
    > extensive list of SGI 4D part numbers, information, etc. Does anyone
    > know where it has moved to? Thanks, Richard

    Than its time that someone made a backup from that suff befor its totally
    lost into the cyberspace.....

    http://www.google.de/search?q=cache:...hl=de&ie=UTF-8

    Otherwise try www.webarchive.org.

    regards
    Joerg

  4. Re: This Old SGI site

    "Joerg Behrens" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > "Richard Aulozzi" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > news:d8622372.0402211333.79ec9685@posting.google.c om...
    > > Does anyone know where This Old SGI site has gone. I have been unable
    > > to find it lately. Located in my favorites and now when I click on it
    > > the screen says unable to find it. A fine site that had quite an
    > > extensive list of SGI 4D part numbers, information, etc. Does anyone
    > > know where it has moved to? Thanks, Richard

    > Than its time that someone made a backup from that suff befor its totally
    > lost into the cyberspace.....

    http://www.google.de/search?q=cache:...hl=de&ie=UTF-8

    Looks like that google dont have cached the whole page....

    > Otherwise try www.webarchive.org.

    http://www.archive.org is the right url than.

    http://web.archive.org/web/200302070...258/4dfaq.html
    is the page your searching for.

    regards
    Joerg

  5. Re: This Old SGI site

    Man, the impermanence of digital stuff pisses me off.

    --
    #include
    Christopher Miller

  6. Re: This Old SGI site

    Joerg Behrens wrote:

    > http://www.google.de/search?q=cache:...hl=de&ie=UTF-8
    >
    > Looks like that google dont have cached the whole page....
    >

    >>Otherwise try www.webarchive.org.

    > http://www.archive.org is the right url than.
    >
    > http://web.archive.org/web/200302070...258/4dfaq.html
    > is the page your searching for.

    I can't get to ANY geocities sites from here, but
    most of This Old SGI seems to be here :

    http://www.amazing.com/internet/old-sgi-faq.html

    funny - 1999 :

    "As many of you probably know, SGI is now migrating
    towards Windows. In doing this, they are joining other
    computer makers in what I suspect will be a death march.
    I just don't feel SGI has the ability to sell computers
    in the commodity marketplace, where you must be cheap,
    cheap, cheap."

    It was obvious to most people at the time, so ... makes
    you wonder if the entire Redmond Death March scenario was
    orchestrated at upper SGI levels for the express purpose
    of getting Rick Belluzzo (sp?) a hot-to-go racy job at
    Microsoft ? Typical Microsoft behaviour, to buy off a
    principal in another company for the express purpose of
    killing the competitor.

    Why SGI thinks that screwing their current Irix users is
    going to win them any loyalty is beyond me, tho. Lessee ...
    the SAME people who buy Origins will be the ones making
    buying decisions on the Altix line. Ram the big ten-inch
    up my butt on yesterday's product and expect me to come
    running to buy today's ? Most people really AREN'T that
    stupid, GW Bush'es popularity notwithstanding.

  7. Re: This Old SGI site

    hamei wrote:

    > I can't get to ANY geocities sites from here, but
    > most of This Old SGI seems to be here :
    >
    > http://www.amazing.com/internet/old-sgi-faq.html

    Oops. Looked for "This Old SGI" but my brain turned
    it into "Buying an Old SGI." Collecting is a disease,
    yes it is ....

  8. Re: This Old SGI site

    On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 20:12:22 -0800, hamei wrote:
    > I can't get to ANY geocities sites from here, but
    > most of This Old SGI seems to be here :
    >
    > http://www.amazing.com/internet/old-sgi-faq.html

    I did have a backup of AJs 4D FAQ on CD-ROM which I have
    put online for now: http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/mirrors/4dfaq/
    I have also mailed AJ about that but I wonder if the mail
    reaches him (also Geocities).

    > funny - 1999 :
    >
    > "As many of you probably know, SGI is now migrating
    > towards Windows. In doing this, they are joining other
    > computer makers in what I suspect will be a death march.
    > I just don't feel SGI has the ability to sell computers
    > in the commodity marketplace, where you must be cheap,
    > cheap, cheap."

    Which turned out to be right - unfortunately.

    Gerhard

  9. Re: This Old SGI site

    On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:10:37 +0100, Gerhard Lenerz wrote:
    > I have also mailed AJ about that but I wonder if the mail
    > reaches him (also Geocities).

    It doesn't. :-/

    Gerhard

  10. Re: This Old SGI site

    That Geocities site was probably taken down by Geocities due to lack of
    updates. I'm surprised that my site is still up and running over there.
    It's been a few years since I lost the password to update it. :-)

    Try this mirror of THIS OLD SGI:
    http://www.martnet.com/~bobd/sgi/4dfaq.html

    Regards,

    Jodeman

    "Gerhard Lenerz" wrote in message
    > On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 11:10:37 +0100, Gerhard Lenerz wrote:
    > > I have also mailed AJ about that but I wonder if the mail
    > > reaches him (also Geocities).

    > It doesn't. :-/
    >

    > Gerhard

+ Reply to Thread