Name Resolution Problem in Indigo2 Impact 10000 - SGI

This is a discussion on Name Resolution Problem in Indigo2 Impact 10000 - SGI ; I have loaded a base install of 6.5 on my Indigo2. I have all the files that I thought I needed configured, but I have no name resolution. I can get to the machine and I can get out by ...

  1. Name Resolution Problem in Indigo2 Impact 10000

    I have loaded a base install of 6.5 on my Indigo2. I have all the files
    that I thought I needed configured, but I have no name resolution. I can
    get to the machine and I can get out by IP address, but not by name. I have
    my nameservers set in resolv.conf, I have my networks file set, I have
    resolution order set to DNS, Files, None. I have my default route set.
    Very strange. I have set up about 100 Indys and I have never had this
    problem. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!

    Patrick

  2. Re: Name Resolution Problem in Indigo2 Impact 10000

    Could this be the network card? I just loaded a 250MHz 4400 Indigo2 Impact
    and the network works great. Hmmm...

    Patrick

    "Patrick Hollenshead" wrote in message
    > I have loaded a base install of 6.5 on my Indigo2. I have all the files
    > that I thought I needed configured, but I have no name resolution. I can
    > get to the machine and I can get out by IP address, but not by name. I

    have
    > my nameservers set in resolv.conf, I have my networks file set, I have
    > resolution order set to DNS, Files, None. I have my default route set.
    > Very strange. I have set up about 100 Indys and I have never had this
    > problem. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!
    >

    > Patrick

  3. Re: Name Resolution Problem in Indigo2 Impact 10000

    Hi

    > my nameservers set in resolv.conf, I have my networks file set, I have
    > resolution order set to DNS, Files, None. I have my default route set.
    > Very strange. I have set up about 100 Indys and I have never had this
    > problem. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!

    Have you tried re-installing all the network stuff again? I had a
    similar problem with Insight, and this fixed it. Dunno why.

    I had another similar problem - when I set the host resolution order
    to DNS, Files, None, and rebooted, it would always revert to something
    else (can't remember what, probably NIS, DNS, Files) so that it didn't
    work. Dunno what I did to fix that - just one day it started working
    so I left it!

  4. Re: Name Resolution Problem in Indigo2 Impact 10000

    Yeah. It works now. I just kept doing what i was doing before and It just
    decided to start working. Strange. I have left it alone since then and it
    works great! Thanks for the input. TTYL

    Patrick

    "Jonathan" wrote in message
    news:f6895097.0402230506.1953f45@posting.google.co m...
    > Hi
    >
    > > my nameservers set in resolv.conf, I have my networks file set, I have
    > > resolution order set to DNS, Files, None. I have my default route set.
    > > Very strange. I have set up about 100 Indys and I have never had this
    > > problem. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!

    > Have you tried re-installing all the network stuff again? I had a
    > similar problem with Insight, and this fixed it. Dunno why.
    >
    > I had another similar problem - when I set the host resolution order
    > to DNS, Files, None, and rebooted, it would always revert to something
    > else (can't remember what, probably NIS, DNS, Files) so that it didn't
    > work. Dunno what I did to fix that - just one day it started working
    > so I left it!

+ Reply to Thread