Does your bank do irix? - SGI

This is a discussion on Does your bank do irix? - SGI ; Yes! I am so pleased! I went to my bank to (finally) open my webbankaccess to my accounts. I knew that I almost had no chance whatsoever to get such access since I, just like you all fine folks, run ...

  1. Does your bank do irix?

    Yes!

    I am so pleased!

    I went to my bank to (finally) open my webbankaccess to my accounts. I
    knew that I almost had no chance whatsoever to get such access since I,
    just like you all fine folks, run irix and (at the moment) the only
    browser I have is Netscape 4.78; the latest Netscape has released for
    irix (thankyouverymuch).

    So I asked the girl behind the counter if she could start a
    webbankaccess for me. She said: "Yes, I can do that for you." in
    Swedish, which will be (loosely translated: "Javisst, det kan jag göra."
    Then I explained, with a smirky smile on my face, that I have a somewhat
    different computer that runs irix, she replied: "-Shure. Let me see if
    our system supports it." Then she showed me this page:
    http://www.finn.se/om_datorbanken/systemkrav/index.htx

    I was soo happy! I told her that I thought that this was überfantastic!
    The bank supports irix and my old browser! :]

    -So, does your bank do irix?

    Niclas
    ___

    SiliconGraphics, Computing in Style.

  2. Re: Does your bank do irix?

    My bank hardly managed to support internet exploror. It's a total pile of
    plop. If I had the time and could care I'd switch banks. Halifax in the uk
    is a waste of everyones time. They are a very British bank and stuck in
    the 1950's. I'm convinsed they think it's 1954 still.

    *********************
    Khalid Schofield
    System Administrator / EM Technician
    Dept. Of Materials
    University Of Oxford
    Parks Road
    Oxford
    OX1 3PH

    Tel: 01865 273785
    Fax: 01865 283333

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Niclas Steinel-Hansson wrote:

    > Yes!
    >
    > I am so pleased!
    >
    > I went to my bank to (finally) open my webbankaccess to my accounts. I
    > knew that I almost had no chance whatsoever to get such access since I,
    > just like you all fine folks, run irix and (at the moment) the only
    > browser I have is Netscape 4.78; the latest Netscape has released for
    > irix (thankyouverymuch).
    >
    > So I asked the girl behind the counter if she could start a
    > webbankaccess for me. She said: "Yes, I can do that for you." in
    > Swedish, which will be (loosely translated: "Javisst, det kan jag göra."
    > Then I explained, with a smirky smile on my face, that I have a somewhat
    > different computer that runs irix, she replied: "-Shure. Let me see if
    > our system supports it." Then she showed me this page:
    > http://www.finn.se/om_datorbanken/systemkrav/index.htx
    >
    > I was soo happy! I told her that I thought that this was überfantastic!
    > The bank supports irix and my old browser! :]
    >

    > -So, does your bank do irix?
    >

    > Niclas
    > ___
    >
    > SiliconGraphics, Computing in Style.

  3. Re: Does your bank do irix?

    Hi! there!
    You're lucky guy, my bank only supports Micro***t I.Explo***r (can't
    even say these words), In fact when I opened my 3 web bank accounts I
    asked the same question, but I got this answer from my account
    manager, "IRIX whats that? You have to have a computer with internet
    access", then I explained her what was irix and sgi workstations, but
    she told. That the bank was not responsable for fraud in those cases.
    Then she went calling the system manager to ask him about my question,
    he told me with a bug smile in his face this "Im not sure if you will
    have sucess trying to acess our site, but all our servers are Microcap
    and you have to install microcrap windozzzs in you computer". well I
    got out of the bank so depressed that I wish I didn't live in the 3rd
    world.

  4. Re: Does your bank do irix?

    On 20 Feb 2004 02:30:21 -0800,
    Ricardo Fernandes , in
    <5cd413a6.0402200230.915181f@posting.google.com> wrote:

    >+ he told me with a bug smile in his face this "Im not sure if you will
    >+ have sucess trying to acess our site, but all our servers are Microcap
    >+ and you have to install microcrap windozzzs in you computer".

    I think an appropriate response would be:

    You're running Microcrud servers? I want to close my account NOW!
    You people *have**no**security*.

    James
    isn't looking good, either.

  5. Re: Does your bank do irix?

    On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:26:44 +0100,
    Niclas Steinel-Hansson , in
    <40350DF4.117A297C@odense.kollegienet.dk> wrote:

    >+ -So, does your bank do irix?

    I'd settle for them just supporting web standards...

    James
    isn't looking good, either.

  6. [OT] Re: Does your bank do irix?

    > They are a very British bank and stuck in
    > the 1950's. I'm convinsed they think it's 1954 still.

    Was 1954 a made-up number, or was that a very clever joke?

  7. Re: Does your bank do irix?

    Niclas Steinel-Hansson wrote:

    > -So, does your bank do irix?

    Support? No, but they support Netscape/Mozilla besides Internet Explorer so
    no matter what platform I use, as long as Mozilla runs on it I can do online
    banking...

    Benjamin

  8. Re: [OT] Re: Does your bank do irix?

    the year IBM introduced the IBM 650,

    On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Makhno wrote:

    > > They are a very British bank and stuck in
    > > the 1950's. I'm convinsed they think it's 1954 still.

    > Was 1954 a made-up number, or was that a very clever joke?

+ Reply to Thread