Penguin bashing - SGI

This is a discussion on Penguin bashing - SGI ; Likely this has been seen by many before, but here's something quite a few regular posters here will enjoy : http://cs.plici.ro/dld/pinguin.swf It does require a rather fast machine with a Flash browser plugin. Many mirrors around too - 'pinguin swf' ...

  1. Penguin bashing

    Likely this has been seen by many before, but here's something quite a few
    regular posters here will enjoy :

    http://cs.plici.ro/dld/pinguin.swf

    It does require a rather fast machine with a Flash browser plugin. Many
    mirrors around too - 'pinguin swf' fed to Google will find them.

    -a

  2. Re: Penguin bashing

    Arun Krishnaswamy wrote in message news:...
    > Likely this has been seen by many before, but here's something quite a few
    > regular posters here will enjoy :
    >
    > http://cs.plici.ro/dld/pinguin.swf
    >
    > It does require a rather fast machine with a Flash browser plugin. Many
    > mirrors around too - 'pinguin swf' fed to Google will find them.
    >
    > -a

    593m - anyone can beat this?

  3. Re: Penguin bashing

    Assam Syrix wrote:

    > Arun Krishnaswamy wrote in message news:...
    > > Likely this has been seen by many before, but here's something quite a few
    > > regular posters here will enjoy :
    > >
    > > http://cs.plici.ro/dld/pinguin.swf
    > >
    > > It does require a rather fast machine with a Flash browser plugin. Many
    > > mirrors around too - 'pinguin swf' fed to Google will find them.
    > >
    > > -a

    > 593m - anyone can beat this?

    dude, even my five year old can beat that. just think TUX when you swing!

  4. Re: Penguin bashing

    SkyWriter wrote:
    > Assam Syrix wrote:
    >

    >>Arun Krishnaswamy wrote in message news:...
    >>
    >>>Likely this has been seen by many before, but here's something quite a few
    >>>regular posters here will enjoy :
    >>>
    >>>http://cs.plici.ro/dld/pinguin.swf
    >>>
    >>>It does require a rather fast machine with a Flash browser plugin. Many
    >>>mirrors around too - 'pinguin swf' fed to Google will find them.
    >>>
    >>> -a

    >>593m - anyone can beat this?

    > dude, even my five year old can beat that. just think TUX when you swing!

    I knew I should have played more computer games when I was little...
    Can't even bash it over the 300 mark.

  5. Re: Penguin bashing

    On 2/11/2004 11:31 AM, S.Chang wrote:
    > SkyWriter wrote:
    >
    >> Assam Syrix wrote:
    >>

    >>> Arun Krishnaswamy wrote in message

    >>> 593m - anyone can beat this?

    >> dude, even my five year old can beat that. just think TUX when you swing!
    >>

    > I knew I should have played more computer games when I was little...
    > Can't even bash it over the 300 mark.

    Ditto. My best is only 341. I've given up on distance and now go for
    accuracy. My goal is to get that penguin to land nose first at 200m -
    the closest I've come is 199.4m.

  6. Re: Penguin bashing

    In article <102lm0fcdhg7862@corp.supernews.com>,
    Michael Rice wrote:

    : On 2/11/2004 11:31 AM, S.Chang wrote:
    : > SkyWriter wrote:
    : >
    : >> Assam Syrix wrote:
    : >>
    : >>
    : >>> Arun Krishnaswamy wrote in message
    : >>> news:...
    : >>>
    : >>>> Likely this has been seen by many before, but here's something quite
    : >>>> a few
    : >>>> regular posters here will enjoy :
    : >>>>
    :
    : Ditto. My best is only 341. I've given up on distance and now go for
    : accuracy. My goal is to get that penguin to land nose first at 200m -
    : the closest I've come is 199.4m.

    There's more than one version. One version tops out at around 350, while another
    does about twice that.

    Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler

  7. Re: Penguin bashing

    > Ditto. My best is only 341. I've given up on distance and now go for
    > accuracy. My goal is to get that penguin to land nose first at 200m -
    > the closest I've come is 199.4m.

    You got me bested on the highest score, but I got to 199.9 with the nose
    landing ;-)

    Rakesh

  8. Re: Penguin bashing

    Rakesh Vidyadharan wrote:

    >> Ditto. My best is only 341. I've given up on distance and now go for
    >> accuracy. My goal is to get that penguin to land nose first at 200m -
    >> the closest I've come is 199.4m.

    > You got me bested on the highest score, but I got to 199.9 with the nose
    > landing ;-)

    ha! I managed 200!

    Cheers
    Andreas

  9. Re: Penguin bashing

    http://laget.kicks-ass.net/pingvin/pingu4.php

    Have fun with this one. :-) The guy tweaked it to enable much greater
    distances. My record of 3627.9 just missed the high score. My record for
    shortest distance is 21.9.

    Jodeman
    --
    Jodeman's SGI & Stuff
    http://sgi.mesa-sys.com

    "Andreas Backhaus" wrote in message
    > Rakesh Vidyadharan wrote:
    >

    > >> Ditto. My best is only 341. I've given up on distance and now go for
    > >> accuracy. My goal is to get that penguin to land nose first at 200m -
    > >> the closest I've come is 199.4m.

    > > You got me bested on the highest score, but I got to 199.9 with the nose
    > > landing ;-)

    > ha! I managed 200!
    >

    > Cheers
    > Andreas

  10. Re: Penguin bashing

    Jody wrote:
    > http://laget.kicks-ass.net/pingvin/pingu4.php
    >
    > Have fun with this one. :-) The guy tweaked it to enable much greater
    > distances. My record of 3627.9 just missed the high score. My record for
    > shortest distance is 21.9.

    *g* this one's even more fun - managed 3118.3 on the second strike

    Cheers
    Andreas

  11. Re: Penguin bashing

    Andreas Backhaus wrote:

    > Jody wrote:
    > > http://laget.kicks-ass.net/pingvin/pingu4.php
    > >
    > > Have fun with this one. :-) The guy tweaked it to enable much greater
    > > distances. My record of 3627.9 just missed the high score. My record for
    > > shortest distance is 21.9.

    > *g* this one's even more fun - managed 3118.3 on the second strike
    >
    > Cheers
    > Andreas

    i'm waiting for the version when the penguin just explodes when you hit him.

  12. Re: Penguin bashing

    > My record for
    > shortest distance is 21.9.

    My record for shortest distance is 0 but I suspect that one dousn't
    count ;-)

  13. Re: Penguin bashing

    SkyWriter wrote:

    >>Jody wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://laget.kicks-ass.net/pingvin/pingu4.php

    > i'm waiting for the version when the penguin just explodes when you hit him.

    Try it on a box running linux. Instant success.

    --
    gd.

  14. Re: Penguin bashing

    SkyWriter wrote:
    > Andreas Backhaus wrote:
    >

    >>Jody wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://laget.kicks-ass.net/pingvin/pingu4.php
    >>>
    >>>Have fun with this one. :-) The guy tweaked it to enable much greater
    >>>distances. My record of 3627.9 just missed the high score. My record for
    >>>shortest distance is 21.9.

    >>*g* this one's even more fun - managed 3118.3 on the second strike
    >>
    >>Cheers
    >>Andreas

    > i'm waiting for the version when the penguin just explodes when you hit him.

    http://games.coolegames.com/dont-deeplink-ysp2.swf
    This one is much harder to hit, well, explosion would be cool though.

    S.Chang

  15. Re: Penguin bashing

    Greg Douglas wrote:

    > SkyWriter wrote:

    > > i'm waiting for the version when the penguin just explodes when you hit him.
    > >

    > Try it on a box running linux. Instant success.
    >
    > --
    > gd.

    alas, i gave the only peecee capable of running flash (SGI 330 dual 733)
    to my wife for valentines day. running windows 2000 of course. give
    the gift of windows!

    linux - the choice of the 'we want to do it all over again and not do any better
    than the last time it was done' generation.

  16. Re: Penguin bashing

    SkyWriter wrote:

    > alas, i gave the only peecee capable of running flash (SGI 330 dual 733)
    > to my wife for valentines day. running windows 2000 of course. give
    > the gift of windows!

    what a thoughtful gift! proof that skywriter is all about love!

    fortunately, i am in a linux proof bunker which by definition is also
    peecee proof!

    > linux - the choice of the 'we want to do it all over again and not do any better
    > than the last time it was done' generation.

    amazingly enough they have succeeded in doing worse!

    3 cheers for TUX!

    cosmos See no linux
    @ Hear no linux
    hepcat.org Speak no linux

  17. Re: Penguin bashing

    SkyWriter wrote:

    > i'm waiting for the version when the penguin just explodes when you hit him.

    http://teen-ass.org/pingu/

    I suppose this is pretty much what you want

    --
    Khamba Staring
    Disclaimer: my employer and I never agree.

+ Reply to Thread