it brings a tear to your eye... - SGI

This is a discussion on it brings a tear to your eye... - SGI ; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41881 --cosmos...

  1. it brings a tear to your eye...

  2. Re: it brings a tear to your eye...

    On 1/31/2004 3:44 AM, cosmos wrote:
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41881
    >
    > --cosmos

    Don't worry, they don't appear to be close to running it on most SGI
    platforms. However, the Linux/MIPS HOWTO page shows:

    Silicon Graphics Indy
    The Indy is currently the best supported Silicon Graphics machine.

    Silicon Graphics Origin 200 and 2000
    Ralf Bächle (ralf@gnu.org) and a team of SGI employees are currently
    working on a port to the Origin 200. While still in it's early stages,
    it's running in uniprocessor and multiprocessor mode and has drivers for
    the built-in IOC3 Ethernet and SCSI hostadapters.

  3. Re: it brings a tear to your eye...

    Michael Rice wrote:
    > On 1/31/2004 3:44 AM, cosmos wrote:
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=41881
    >>
    >> --cosmos

    > Don't worry, they don't appear to be close to running it on most SGI
    > platforms. However, the Linux/MIPS HOWTO page shows:

    oh that wasn't the point. i was referring to the very funny writeup the
    seller did likening debian linux to being a choice for democracy!

    > Silicon Graphics Indy
    > The Indy is currently the best supported Silicon Graphics machine.

    we shall soon find out at the Great Linux Experiment!

    --cosmos

+ Reply to Thread