Linux equals success and profit - SGI

This is a discussion on Linux equals success and profit - SGI ; 2004 has begun and while our stock price surely needs a boost we can certainly be incredibly exuberant about Linux and the profitable future it holds for SGI. Just read the latest key sales figures at http://www.sgi.com/newsroom/press_re...y/q2_wins.html !!!! There is ...

  1. Linux equals success and profit

    2004 has begun and while our stock price surely needs a boost we can
    certainly be incredibly exuberant about Linux and the profitable
    future it holds for SGI. Just read the latest key sales figures at

    http://www.sgi.com/newsroom/press_re...y/q2_wins.html
    !!!!

    There is no more room for debate or crusty old irix users beating a
    dead horse that is not coming back to life. IRIX lost, it is over, it
    was pathetic, and it is time to move on. Linux was behind all the key
    innovations in the 90's and now early 21st century and only Linux will
    foster global computing and real world peace. We like sgi equipment
    and the all intel all linux future at SGI is a happy times for all.

    Open source is open computing and good for all. Frankly anyone using
    a propietary UNIX is a traitor to the cause and should insist SGI
    begin shipping all linux immediately. We can still catch sun...

    OPEN COMPUTING IS HERE.

  2. Re: Linux equals success and profit

  3. Re: Linux equals success and profit

    Linux on SGI User wrote:

    > 2004 has begun and while our stock price surely needs a boost we can
    > certainly be incredibly exuberant about Linux and the profitable
    > future it holds for SGI. Just read the latest key sales figures at

    http://www.sgi.com/newsroom/press_re...y/q2_wins.html
    > !!!!
    >
    > There is no more room for debate or crusty old irix users beating a
    > dead horse that is not coming back to life. IRIX lost, it is over, it
    > was pathetic, and it is time to move on. Linux was behind all the key
    > innovations in the 90's

    nonono, you have to say "linux invented the computer, unix, and the
    internet"
    or was that linus...

    > and now early 21st century and only Linux will
    > foster global computing and real world peace. We like sgi equipment
    > and the all intel all linux future at SGI is a happy times for all.
    >
    > Open source is open computing and good for all. Frankly anyone using
    > a propietary UNIX is a traitor to the cause and should insist SGI
    > begin shipping all linux immediately. We can still catch sun...
    >
    > OPEN COMPUTING IS HERE.

  4. Re: Linux equals success and profit

    Linux on SGI User wrote:
    > Open source is open computing and good for all. Frankly anyone using
    > a propietary UNIX is a traitor to the cause and should insist SGI
    > begin shipping all linux immediately. We can still catch sun...
    >
    > OPEN COMPUTING IS HERE.

    Like, you're so right dude!
    Open source is the all in solution for everything, duh!

    Let's all use FreeBSD!

    --
    Khamba Staring
    Like, disclaimer: my employer and I never agree man!

  5. Re: Linux equals success and profit

    On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:07:17 +0000, SkyWriter wrote:

    > Linux on SGI User wrote:
    >
    >> 2004 has begun and while our stock price surely needs a boost we can
    >> certainly be incredibly exuberant about Linux and the profitable
    >> future it holds for SGI. Just read the latest key sales figures at
    >>
    >> http://www.sgi.com/newsroom/press_re...y/q2_wins.html
    >> !!!!
    >>
    >> There is no more room for debate or crusty old irix users beating a
    >> dead horse that is not coming back to life. IRIX lost, it is over, it
    >> was pathetic, and it is time to move on. Linux was behind all the key
    >> innovations in the 90's

    > nonono, you have to say "linux invented the computer, unix, and the
    > internet"
    > or was that linus...

    Everyone knows Al Gore invented the internet.

    --
    LJ : http://www.livejournal.com/users/everlone
    GPG/PGP: http://www.no-dns-yet.org.uk/~everlone/pubkey.gpg

  6. Re: Linux equals success and profit

  7. Re: Linux equals success and profit

    sgi_tux@yahoo.com (Linux on SGI User) wrote in message news:...
    > Open source is open computing and good for all. Frankly anyone using
    > a propietary UNIX is a traitor to the cause and should insist SGI
    > begin shipping all linux immediately. We can still catch sun...
    >
    > OPEN COMPUTING IS HERE.

    I'm with you all the way man!

    Right after you pay off Darl McBride that is...

    Cheers,

    Shawn

  8. Re: Linux equals success and profit

    On 29 Jan 2004 16:49:33 -0800,
    Shawn Johnston , in
    <33d2be31.0401291649.2f002c7c@posting.google.com> wrote:

    >+ Right after you pay off Darl McBride that is...

    Oh, I've got his payment right here...

    James
    isn't looking good, either.