Burn a CD-R with case sensitive file names on PC to use on SGI. - SGI

This is a discussion on Burn a CD-R with case sensitive file names on PC to use on SGI. - SGI ; Hi, Anyone know or have any idea on how can I burn a CD-R on a PC with long filenames that are case sensitive, and then use it on an SGI O2? How can I do this without messing up ...

  1. Burn a CD-R with case sensitive file names on PC to use on SGI.

    Hi,

    Anyone know or have any idea on how can I burn a CD-R on a PC with
    long filenames that are case sensitive, and then use it on an SGI O2?
    How can I do this without messing up the filenames?

    Thanks in advance.

    Antonios Mystiloglou

  2. Re: Burn a CD-R with case sensitive file names on PC to use on SGI.

    * technical@omegatv.net (Antonios Mystiloglou)
    | Anyone know or have any idea on how can I burn a CD-R on a PC with
    | long filenames that are case sensitive, and then use it on an SGI
    | O2? How can I do this without messing up the filenames?

    You need to use a program on the PC which understands and adds the
    Rockridge CD Extensions to the ISO-CD-image.

    R'

  3. Re: Burn a CD-R with case sensitive file names on PC to use on SGI.

    > Anyone know or have any idea on how can I burn a CD-R on a PC with
    > long filenames that are case sensitive, and then use it on an SGI O2?
    > How can I do this without messing up the filenames?

    http://www.unix.necoac.de/tips.html#brennen (German site)
    copy the files into a on your O2 (or any other Unix
    Workstation/Linux/BSD PC with cdrecord installed), then (on your O2) cd
    into the parent directory and type:

    mkisofs -D -f -R -v -P "" -V -o
    .iso /

    Burn this CD image (.iso) with CDRWin (www.goldenhawk.com),
    Nero, cdrecord or any other capable CD burning application on your PC.

+ Reply to Thread