Midnight Commander - SGI

This is a discussion on Midnight Commander - SGI ; Hi ALL, There is such question. On IRIX (O2) I have to install mc (Midnight Commander) from FW sgi.com site. I used inst inside console for installation. But maybe not all of the necessary libs in the system. I don't ...

  1. Midnight Commander

    Hi ALL,

    There is such question.
    On IRIX (O2) I have to install mc (Midnight Commander) from
    FW sgi.com site.

    I used inst inside console for installation.
    But maybe not all of the necessary libs in the system. I don't
    want to install all of recommended on site. If only one lib is
    necessary (libintl.so.3)

    Would you reccomend me what I must install for mc and where is
    this lib?

    #mc

    This message I see:
    --- CUT HERE --- 8< ------------------------------------
    1573:mc: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname
    libintl.so.3 under any of the filenames
    /usr/freeware/lib32/libintl.so.3:/usr/lib32/libintl.so.3:
    /usr/lib32/internal/libintl.so.3:/lib32/libintl.so.3:
    /opt/lib32/libintl.so.3:/usr/freeware/lib32/libintl.so.3.3:
    /usr/lib32/libintl.so.3.3:/usr/lib32/internal/libintl.so.3.3:
    /lib32/libintl.so.3.3:/opt/lib32/libintl.so.3.3:
    --- CUT HERE --- >8 ------------------------------------

    --
    Respect,
    Dimitri (DimiG)

  2. Re: Midnight Commander

    > I used inst inside console for installation.
    > But maybe not all of the necessary libs in the system. I don't
    > want to install all of recommended on site. If only one lib is
    > necessary (libintl.so.3)

    It's in gettext package, but beware! freeware.sgi.com MC has ugly bug
    which causes it to malform its configuration and history files.
    I'd recommend compiling everything from scratch (gcc is ok).

    Rambo

+ Reply to Thread