OpenMP in Fortran 90 on SGI IRIX 6.5. - SGI

This is a discussion on OpenMP in Fortran 90 on SGI IRIX 6.5. - SGI ; I do not know if this is the right NG to post this question but here goes... I have a Fortran 90 program that is using OpenMP in order to do parallel processing. My OpenMP reference states that I should ...

  1. OpenMP in Fortran 90 on SGI IRIX 6.5.

    I do not know if this is the right NG to post this question but here
    goes...

    I have a Fortran 90 program that is using OpenMP in order to do parallel
    processing. My OpenMP reference states that I should include the statement
    "USE omp_lib" in my program to get facilities to set and unset locks. I
    try to do this, but then I cannot compile my program. The compiler states
    that it cannot find the omp_lib module. Does anyone know where to find
    this module?

    As stated in the subject I use an SGi server with IRIX 6.5.

    TIA
    Claus Pedersen, Denmark

    --
    Stud. Polyt. Claus Pedersen,
    Dept. of Communication Technology, Inst. of Electronic Systems,

  2. Re: OpenMP in Fortran 90 on SGI IRIX 6.5.

    Claus Pedersen writes:

    > I do not know if this is the right NG to post this question but here
    > goes...
    >
    > I have a Fortran 90 program that is using OpenMP in order to do parallel
    > processing. My OpenMP reference states that I should include the statement
    > "USE omp_lib" in my program to get facilities to set and unset locks. I
    > try to do this, but then I cannot compile my program. The compiler states
    > that it cannot find the omp_lib module. Does anyone know where to find
    > this module?

    Claus,

    The OpenMP functionality that you describe is part of the OpenMP 2.0
    standard specification, which is supported in MIPSpro versions 7.4 and
    later. Earlier versions of the compiler support the OpenMP 1.1
    specification, which does not have these features.

    John
    --
    John Baron jbaron@sgi.com
    SGI Performance Engineering