How to print ABI version - SGI

This is a discussion on How to print ABI version - SGI ; is there a commant which prints ABI version, like n32, o32, n64? I'm looking also for something which checks if given package is installed. I know about versions but I'd rather want something which returns 0 or 1, or at ...

  1. How to print ABI version

    is there a commant which prints ABI version, like n32, o32, n64?

    I'm looking also for something which checks if given package is installed.
    I know about versions but I'd rather want something which returns
    0 or 1, or at least something very easy to eq.

    Regards,

    Rambo

  2. Re: How to print ABI version

    Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:

    > is there a commant which prints ABI version, like n32, o32, n64?

    man file.

    --
    Alexis Cousein Senior Systems Engineer
    alexis@sgi.com SGI/Silicon Graphics Brussels

    Nobody Expects the Belgian Inquisition!

  3. Re: How to print ABI version

    On 1/14/2004 9:28 AM, Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski wrote:
    > is there a commant which prints ABI version, like n32, o32, n64?

    use the 'file' command

    > I'm looking also for something which checks if given package is installed.
    > I know about versions but I'd rather want something which returns
    > 0 or 1, or at least something very easy to eq.

    In a csh you could do:
    (versions mypackage | grep mypackage > /dev/null) ; echo $status

    Prints 0 if mypackage is installed, 1 if it's not.

  4. Re: How to print ABI version

    > In a csh you could do:
    > (versions mypackage | grep mypackage > /dev/null) ; echo $status

    > Prints 0 if mypackage is installed, 1 if it's not.

    Thanks! That's exactly what I wanted: so grep DOES return 1 when it
    greps nothing? )

    Rambo

  5. Re: How to print ABI version

    * m_roguski@yahoo.com (Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski)
    | so grep DOES return 1 when it greps nothing?

    man grep:

    EXIT STATUS
    Exit status is 0 if any matches are found, 1 if none, >1 for
    syntax errors or inaccessible files (even if matches were found).

    R'

+ Reply to Thread