ifl image format - SGI

This is a discussion on ifl image format - SGI ; Hi all, a while back I had some trouble getting an ifl image format to work. I have now figured out how it works and I have uploaded the result to my website. It can be downloaded from: http://www.firedisk.net/users/mark/p...ifl_shp.tar.gz (72.34k) ...

  1. ifl image format

    Hi all,

    a while back I had some trouble getting an ifl image format to work.
    I have now figured out how it works and I have uploaded the result to my
    website. It can be downloaded from:
    http://www.firedisk.net/users/mark/p...ifl_shp.tar.gz
    (72.34k)

    Instructions on how to install it are included. It currently only reads the shp
    image files and doesn't accept open calls with file descriptors, but otherwise
    it should work.

    I do still have a few questions though, which I hope someone can help me with.

    Most of the images have several subimages and sometimes the subimages have
    different sizes. How do I let an application know, I want a bigger view to put
    the image in ?

    The file manager sometimes crashes when going through a directory with shp
    images when I have thumbnails on. It always happens at the same point, but
    opening the files in the directory with imgview, nothing goes wrong. How can I
    tell what is causing the file manager to crash ?

    I'm using a few templates in my classes, which works fine for the ifl shp
    format, but not for the program used to extract the images from a data file.
    It shares the template code from the ifl shp format library, so I know the code
    is right, but with the extractor program I get linking warnings about multiple
    defines. I was wondering if someone could take a look to see what I'm doing
    wrong here. The program code can be downloaded from:
    http://192.168.0.6/users/mark/public...der-0.2.tar.gz
    (3.21k)

    Mark Hellegers

  2. Re: ifl image format

    In message <4000a15b$0$323$e4fe514c@news.xs4all.nl>, Mark Hellegers wrote:

    [snip]

    > I'm using a few templates in my classes, which works fine for the ifl shp
    > format, but not for the program used to extract the images from a data file.
    > It shares the template code from the ifl shp format library, so I know the
    > code
    > is right, but with the extractor program I get linking warnings about
    > multiple
    > defines. I was wondering if someone could take a look to see what I'm doing
    > wrong here. The program code can be downloaded from:
    > http://192.168.0.6/users/mark/public...der-0.2.tar.gz
    > (3.21k)

    Nuts. That last url should of course be:
    http://www.firedisk.net/users/mark/p...der-0.2.tar.gz

    Sorry about that.

    Mark

+ Reply to Thread