top500 Chutes and Ladders - SGI

This is a discussion on top500 Chutes and Ladders - SGI ; Been a while kids!@# Any thoughts if SGI will be able to return into the top 10 on the top500 site? Altix or high density Origin!? (Not to start a flame war...). I realize Cray/DOE is prepping to take spot ...

  1. top500 Chutes and Ladders

    Been a while kids!@#

    Any thoughts if SGI will be able to return into the top 10 on the top500 site?

    Altix or high density Origin!?

    (Not to start a flame war...).

    I realize Cray/DOE is prepping to take spot #1....

  2. Re: top500 Chutes and Ladders

    Ethan wrote:

    > Been a while kids!@#
    >
    > Any thoughts if SGI will be able to return into the top 10 on the top500 site?
    >
    > Altix or high density Origin!?
    >
    > (Not to start a flame war...).
    >
    > I realize Cray/DOE is prepping to take spot #1....

    there isn't any reason they can't. they have made an attempt to embrace
    an open innovation strategy, all that's stopping them is their own pride.
    anyone can slap a bunch of mac and infiniband together... "and that's
    what it's all about!" (at least to some people).

    for further reading on this please see "Open Innovation: The New Imperative
    for Creating and Profiting from Technology" by Henry William Chesbrough.

  3. Re: top500 Chutes and Ladders

    > there isn't any reason they can't. they have made an attempt to embrace
    > an open innovation strategy, all that's stopping them is their own pride.
    > anyone can slap a bunch of mac and infiniband together... "and that's
    > what it's all about!" (at least to some people).
    >
    > for further reading on this please see "Open Innovation: The New Imperative
    > for Creating and Profiting from Technology" by Henry William Chesbrough.

    Interesting! Added it to my "to read" list!

+ Reply to Thread