List of IRIX specific API calls - SGI

This is a discussion on List of IRIX specific API calls - SGI ; We are in search of a comprehensive list of all IRIX specific APIs (like sproc, blockproc, unblockproc, etc). We have a very large IRIX code base, and wish to first identify all occurrences of such interfaces. Later we plan on ...

  1. List of IRIX specific API calls

    We are in search of a comprehensive list of all IRIX specific APIs
    (like sproc, blockproc, unblockproc, etc).

    We have a very large IRIX code base, and wish to first identify all
    occurrences of such interfaces. Later we plan on reimplementing them
    with some equivalent set of POSIX facilities, in order to make
    future porting efforts easier.

    We have searched around techpubs.sgi.com and the news groups but
    have not yet located such a list. Also, the IRIX manual pages do
    not seem to obviously point out all such interfaces.

    Thank you for any insight into this issue.

  2. Re: List of IRIX specific API calls

    In article <3FB48869.D86488B4@ll.mit.edu>, Joe Healey wrote:
    :We are in search of a comprehensive list of all IRIX specific APIs
    like sproc, blockproc, unblockproc, etc).

    :We have a very large IRIX code base, and wish to first identify all
    ccurrences of such interfaces. Later we plan on reimplementing them
    :with some equivalent set of POSIX facilities, in order to make
    :future porting efforts easier.

    It might be easier to construct a list of POSIX functions and
    search for calls to -other- things. This would miss the case of
    IRIX-specific extensions to POSIX calls, but it should help.
    --
    Aleph sub {Aleph sub null} little, Aleph sub {Aleph sub one} little,
    Aleph sub {Aleph sub two} little infinities...

  3. Re: List of IRIX specific API calls

    On 2003-11-14, Joe Healey wrote:
    > We have a very large IRIX code base, and wish to first identify all
    > occurrences of such interfaces. Later we plan on reimplementing them
    > with some equivalent set of POSIX facilities, in order to make
    > future porting efforts easier.
    >
    > We have searched around techpubs.sgi.com and the news groups but
    > have not yet located such a list. Also, the IRIX manual pages do
    > not seem to obviously point out all such interfaces.

    As pointed out by others, might be easier to start looking about POSIX
    function lists and compare against yours. If you come up with something,
    please post the results. I would also like to have such a list (though I
    have no need for it at the moment).

    Also look at the /usr/include/standards.h header. Just playing a bit with
    the preprocessor could spot portability problems.

    I would really like to see a little table for each function in the docs
    about portability and thread/signal safety, just like the QNX online
    documentation [0].

    [0] http://www.qnx.com/developer/docs/mo.../p/printf.html

    --
    wave++ (also known, in some places, as "Yuri D'Elia") http://www.yuv.info/
    The email address is fake (thanks swen)! You know how to contact me anyway.

+ Reply to Thread