What is FAM? - SGI

This is a discussion on What is FAM? - SGI ; Hi all, I'm using an INDY133, running IRIX5.3 and when I try to use the Graphic part of SO it said to me: "can't connect with /usr/ect/fam" and I can't see any window. How can I solve this problem? Thank ...

  1. What is FAM?

    Hi all,

    I'm using an INDY133, running IRIX5.3 and when I try to use the Graphic
    part of SO it said to me: "can't connect with /usr/ect/fam" and I can't
    see any window.
    How can I solve this problem?

    Thank you
    marco

  2. Re: What is FAM?

    In article <7e88cc3763507d0733e324299dc7dd03.21253@mygate.mail gate.org>,
    Marco Fontana wrote:
    :I'm using an INDY133, running IRIX5.3 and when I try to use the Graphic
    art of SO it said to me: "can't connect with /usr/ect/fam" and I can't
    :see any window.
    :How can I solve this problem?

    You can solve this problem by searching groups.google.com
    for that error message (for one hint) or for fam (for more general
    information.)
    --
    Warhol's Law: every Usenet user is entitled to his or her very own
    fifteen minutes of flame -- The Squoire

+ Reply to Thread