Can I Save Num Lock After Logoff With IRIX? - SGI

This is a discussion on Can I Save Num Lock After Logoff With IRIX? - SGI ; Is there any way to have the Num Lock option saved so that it is still active at my next IRIX 6.5 login? Please reply to the group and my office email account: alan.berry@kirtland.af.mil Thanks! Alan Berry 505 853-1440...

  1. Can I Save Num Lock After Logoff With IRIX?

    Is there any way to have the Num Lock option saved so that it is still
    active at my next IRIX 6.5 login?

    Please reply to the group and my office email account:
    alan.berry@kirtland.af.mil

    Thanks!

    Alan Berry
    505 853-1440

  2. Re: Can I Save Num Lock After Logoff With IRIX?

    In article <9670c54a.0311110928.326344d1@posting.google.com>,
    Alan Berry wrote:
    :Is there any way to have the Num Lock option saved so that it is still
    :active at my next IRIX 6.5 login?

    Yes, but you'll have to do some programming. You'll first have
    to write a program to detect the state of the num lock; secondly,
    you'll have to find some way to hook the program into the logout
    sequence. Thirdly, you'll have to write a program to restore
    the previous state -- at least it's relatively easy to find
    a place to hook that in at login time.

    For an outline of the code you'll need to set the Num Lock state, see
    http://groups.google.ca/groups?selm=...c.umanitoba.ca

    --
    Strange but true: there are entire WWW pages devoted to listing
    programs designed to obfuscate HTML.

+ Reply to Thread