problems with mediaconvert/dmconvert - SGI

This is a discussion on problems with mediaconvert/dmconvert - SGI ; I'm having trouble using mediaconvert/dmconvert to create a movie from individual images. I've used these tools in the past without problems, but now I'm seeing error messages complaining about a "Bad image rate (0.000000)". I see this same behavior on ...

  1. problems with mediaconvert/dmconvert

    I'm having trouble using mediaconvert/dmconvert to create a movie
    from individual images. I've used these tools in the past without
    problems, but now I'm seeing error messages complaining about
    a "Bad image rate (0.000000)".

    I see this same behavior on systems running 6.5.19f and 6.5.19m.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    Malcolm

  2. Re: problems with mediaconvert/dmconvert

    Malcolm Tobias wrote:

    > I've used these tools in the past without
    > problems, but now I'm seeing error messages complaining about
    > a "Bad image rate (0.000000)".

    Thanks to Jerry Jorgenson for pointing out that this error message
    can come from trying to combine different sized images into a movie.
    For some reason the application I was using to generate the frames
    had a 'hiccup' and produced 1 frame with a different size.

    I'm not sure what different image sizes have to do with a 'Bad image
    rate' but that's another story.

    Malcolm

+ Reply to Thread