SGI font - SGI

This is a discussion on SGI font - SGI ; Hey A while ago the sgi logo font was available everywhere, but now it seems to be completely vanished from the net (naturally, since I wanted it). Could someone help me get it or explain why it's gone? (yes of ...

  1. SGI font

    Hey

    A while ago the sgi logo font was available everywhere, but now
    it seems to be completely vanished from the net (naturally, since
    I wanted it).

    Could someone help me get it or explain why it's gone?

    (yes of course the cube is the right logo, it's a pretty font
    though)

    --
    Staffan Thomén
    GPG key: 1024D/7C7E2EF8

  2. Re: SGI font

    Staffan Thomen wrote:
    > A while ago the sgi logo font was available everywhere, but now
    > it seems to be completely vanished from the net (naturally, since
    > I wanted it).
    >
    > Could someone help me get it or explain why it's gone?

    Dunno, I downloaded it from the SGI.com page some time ago. Couldn't
    find it there anymore last time I looked...

    Most files can be found via a FTP-search:

    http://www.alltheweb.com/search?avkw...q=sgifonts.exe

    greetings,
    Michiel

  3. Re: SGI font

    M.C.D. Roos wrote:
    > Staffan Thomen wrote:
    >
    >> A while ago the sgi logo font was available everywhere, but now
    >> it seems to be completely vanished from the net (naturally, since
    >> I wanted it).
    >>
    >> Could someone help me get it or explain why it's gone?

    > Dunno, I downloaded it from the SGI.com page some time ago. Couldn't
    > find it there anymore last time I looked...
    >
    > Most files can be found via a FTP-search:
    >
    > http://www.alltheweb.com/search?avkw...q=sgifonts.exe

    Aha, so they're not available anymore on the web after all.

    "The fonts contained in this installer are an early release version.
    There is a remote possibility that some applications or configurations
    might have problems with the fonts. Please report these problems to
    brandteam@corp.sgi.com."

    Probably a budget cut of some sorts.

    greetings,
    Michiel