Window switching with 4Dwm - SGI

This is a discussion on Window switching with 4Dwm - SGI ; SkyWriter wrote: > i see you're still missing the octane_ic_6.5.tar.gz i kept offering you Oops, forgot to copy over the newer version of the index. Just sorted it. > for your > cosmo2 (impact compression) cards. what's up with that? ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: Window switching with 4Dwm

    SkyWriter wrote:
    > i see you're still missing the octane_ic_6.5.tar.gz i kept offering you

    Oops, forgot to copy over the newer version of the index. Just sorted it.

    > for your
    > cosmo2 (impact compression) cards. what's up with that? you find a
    > different solution?

    Actually I've been trying to email you for ages, but it always bounces,
    and I couldn't find your other email address. You're too anonymous!

    I was able to get the drivers from web.archive.org, their copy
    of the German SGI page. Also grabbed some others I wasn't able to get
    before.

    Thanks to all who emailed me! I had quite a few replies.

    Cheers!

    Ian.

  2. Re: Window switching with 4Dwm

    Kurt Volker Krieg wrote:
    >>I'll email you the file too.
    >>

    > Thank you very much. I just tried the file and it still doesn't work. This
    > is an O2 R5k running 6.5.15. Maybe you have a different Version of 4Dwm. I
    > didn't figure out, how to fnd out what version mine is :-(.
    >
    > Volker

    There was something about focus-follows mouse and click to focus... I
    think that alt+tab works only with click to focus, and it should be
    documented.

    rainer

  3. Re: Window switching with 4Dwm

    On Mon, 3 Nov 2003, Rainer M. Canavan wrote:

    > There was something about focus-follows mouse and click to focus... I
    > think that alt+tab works only with click to focus, and it should be
    > documented.

    I usually use the focus-follow mouse thing. Anyhow I tried both modi.
    Alt-Tab works in click to focus, but the list is not circular, which, in
    my oppinion, it should be.

    Volker

  4. Re: Window switching with 4Dwm

    In article ,
    "Rainer M. Canavan" wrote:

    : There was something about focus-follows mouse and click to focus... I
    : think that alt+tab works only with click to focus, and it should be
    : documented.

    Speaking of which, I've never liked how 4Dwm handles click focus (though this
    might be fixed in the latest versions, I haven't tried). Every time I would
    dismiss a window, the window under the cursor would be brought to the front and
    given focus, rather than the previously focused window. Terribly annoying.

    It's probably one of the biggest reasons I don't use 4Dwm.

    Cheers - Tony 'Nicoya' Mantler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2