Re: Having trouble with 6.5.20 - 21m - SGI

This is a discussion on Re: Having trouble with 6.5.20 - 21m - SGI ; Sorry, don't have any idea how to keep Insight around. I'd have to agree, infosearch is one HUGE step backwards. I miss having great online manuals and manuals that one can actually find useful information in. Infosearch is the pits. ...

  1. Re: Having trouble with 6.5.20 - 21m

    Sorry, don't have any idea how to keep Insight around. I'd have to
    agree, infosearch is one HUGE step backwards. I miss having great online
    manuals and manuals that one can actually find useful information in.
    Infosearch is the pits. I know why SGI got rid of Insight, but that still
    doesn't make it right. This reminds me of the time SGI got rid of `calllog'
    and replaced it with the crummy Web interface for support. SGI is constantly
    regressing instead of making progress, very disappointing.

  2. Re: Having trouble with 6.5.20 - 21m

    "Brent L. Bates" wrote in message news:...
    > Sorry, don't have any idea how to keep Insight around. (...) very disappointing.

    Agreed! Well I have a spare Indy that will just stay at .16 for the books.

    I am going to give on of the machines a closer look this afternoon.

  3. Re: Having trouble with 6.5.20 - 21m

    Things are better now. It appears that I had a bad distribution
    loaded onto the network: You confirmed that something other than the
    inst procedure was at fault --thanks!

    Got these after running inst instead of the gui:

    WARNING: Unknown attribute "
    " at line 48 of acrobat.idb
    WARNING: Unknown attribute "
    " at line 49 of acrobat.idb
    WARNING: Unknown attribute "
    " at line 50 of acrobat.idb

    (I know, inst is better than the gui, but I like the gui. I will keep
    the log on from now on though. I would have gotten to the bottom of
    the problem earlier.)

    Recopied things from the CD, and the usual keep * install upgrades /
    preques all reduced the number and nature of the conflicts to a level
    that makes sense.

    This seemed to be the source of the trouble. Normally, there are a
    few things to pick and choose from, mainly involving dev stuff. That
    is how things appear now.

    Thanks for the help! On the way to .20 Now for that next download...

    Doug

+ Reply to Thread