Octane Chassis - SGI

This is a discussion on Octane Chassis - SGI ; I havea question on Octane chassis. On my Octane the front door stays closed well if the front bezel is dismounted. When I mount it on the octane the front door does not close in a very aligned way. I ...

  1. Octane Chassis

    I havea question on Octane chassis.
    On my Octane the front door stays closed well if the front
    bezel is dismounted. When I mount it on the octane the front door
    does not close in a very aligned way.
    I then noticed that pressing slightly where there is the
    SGI label on the front bezel when it is mounted, it moves inside
    a little bit like if it were not firmly seated but in reality it is.
    I mounted and dismounted it many times and I Am sure that the front bezel
    is mounted properly.
    IS all this normal ?
    When I bought my octane 2 months ago the front bezel door was much firmier.
    Anyway the room temperature then was 30 C while now it is 15 C maybe
    the temperature difference is responsible of these things appening to my
    chassis in plastic ?

    thanks

    Rick

  2. Re: Octane Chassis

    On 10/18/2003 12:03 PM, Rick wrote:

    > When I bought my octane 2 months ago the front bezel door was much firmier.
    > Anyway the room temperature then was 30 C while now it is 15 C maybe
    > the temperature difference is responsible of these things appening to my
    > chassis in plastic ?

    I don't have an answer to your question. But I did want to ask:

    You don't have to work in that room or in those environments do you?!?!

  3. Re: Octane Chassis

    Rick wrote:

    > I havea question on Octane chassis.
    > On my Octane the front door stays closed well if the front
    > bezel is dismounted. When I mount it on the octane the front door
    > does not close in a very aligned way.
    > I then noticed that pressing slightly where there is the
    > SGI label on the front bezel when it is mounted, it moves inside
    > a little bit like if it were not firmly seated but in reality it is.
    > I mounted and dismounted it many times and I Am sure that the front bezel
    > is mounted properly.
    > IS all this normal ?
    > When I bought my octane 2 months ago the front bezel door was much firmier.
    > Anyway the room temperature then was 30 C while now it is 15 C maybe
    > the temperature difference is responsible of these things appening to my
    > chassis in plastic ?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Rick

    I found that I had a light bar that did not fit snugly against the metal
    front of the frame. It would protrude farther than it was supposed to,
    and interfered with the clear plastic piece in the cover that goes
    across the front. Is it possible that when the front plastic bezel is
    installed, its hitting the light bar inside, and causing things to be
    misaligned? You could check quickly by removing the light bar and test
    fitting the bezel without the light bar installed.
    I fixed mine when I noticed that the light bar pin sockets on the
    frontplane board weren't centered behind the holes in the frame. I
    shaved the circumference of the plastic around the pins slightly so that
    the plastic light bar would fit snugly into the holes and against the
    metal frame. A fingernail file would work well - just make sure to blow
    away all the filings before re-inserting it into the frame, and be sure
    not to file so much away that the pins could short-circuit to the frame.
    Cris

+ Reply to Thread