underlying sprocs calls? - SGI

This is a discussion on underlying sprocs calls? - SGI ; Hi, Does anyone know if there are any system calls in IRIX 6.5 that make calls to sproc/sprocsp? I want to use pthreads in some code, but I don't want to break anything that might be using sproc calls (which ...

  1. underlying sprocs calls?

    Hi,

    Does anyone know if there are any system calls in IRIX 6.5 that make
    calls to sproc/sprocsp?

    I want to use pthreads in some code, but I don't want to break
    anything that might be using sproc calls (which will break if I link
    pthreads into the application).

    Thanks

  2. Re: underlying sprocs calls?

    The only "system calls" that I can think of that do this are the
    asynchronous I/O functions. libc will detect if you're linked against
    libpthread and use pthreads instead though. Libraries that use sprocs
    are a different matter.
    Michael

    --
    Michael A. Raymond