Volumizer 2 - VZVIZ - SGI

This is a discussion on Volumizer 2 - VZVIZ - SGI ; Hi all, Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the SGI Volumizer VZVIZ program? I managed to get a volume render, however, the 3D image doesn't seem right, and I am not sure if it could be any of ...

  1. Volumizer 2 - VZVIZ

    Hi all,

    Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the SGI Volumizer VZVIZ
    program? I managed to get a volume render, however, the 3D image doesn't
    seem right, and I am not sure if it could be any of these problems:

    - the 3D TIFF file was not created properly
    - the transfer function file is not suitable for the image

    I am only rendering 5 slices of 2D images, but the resulting image I am
    getting does not represent the gap between the slices properly. Meaning the
    gap or scale between slices are extremely big, and thus the interpolation
    done is not accurate.

    The original slices are parsed DICOM to JPG, and the JPGs are converted to
    TIF using the 'imgcopy' command in SGI, and the 2D TIF are 'merged' to 3D
    TIF
    using the 'iflto3Dtiff' command in the Volumizer API.

    Hope this is detailed enough. If anyone has any ideas/advice or any source
    of references, it will ultimately helpful!

    Thanks a lot!
    eric

  2. Re: Volumizer 2 - VZVIZ

    I'm not familar with VZVIZ, but some of the sample apps (e.g. volview) that
    come with OpenGL Volumizer allow you to specify a 3D scale factor on the
    command line. You can then set the scale to match the dimensions of your
    dataset.

    BTW, which version of volumizer are you running?

    John

    "Eric" wrote in message
    news:d%5gb.35927$qj6.2042784@news1.news.adelphia.n et...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > Just wondering if anyone here has experience with the SGI Volumizer VZVIZ
    > program? I managed to get a volume render, however, the 3D image doesn't
    > seem right, and I am not sure if it could be any of these problems:
    >
    > - the 3D TIFF file was not created properly
    > - the transfer function file is not suitable for the image
    >
    > I am only rendering 5 slices of 2D images, but the resulting image I am
    > getting does not represent the gap between the slices properly. Meaning

    the
    > gap or scale between slices are extremely big, and thus the interpolation
    > done is not accurate.
    >
    > The original slices are parsed DICOM to JPG, and the JPGs are converted to
    > TIF using the 'imgcopy' command in SGI, and the 2D TIF are 'merged' to 3D
    > TIF
    > using the 'iflto3Dtiff' command in the Volumizer API.
    >
    > Hope this is detailed enough. If anyone has any ideas/advice or any

    source
    > of references, it will ultimately helpful!
    >
    > Thanks a lot!
    > eric

+ Reply to Thread