O2 Fibre Channel problem - SGI

This is a discussion on O2 Fibre Channel problem - SGI ; I installed a qlogic 2200 HBA in an O2 250 mhz r10k, it appears in the hinv after autoconfigure, the eurologic array shows the green lights, but the FC hd doesn't mount, i look into system manager, hardware devices, and ...

  1. O2 Fibre Channel problem

    I installed a qlogic 2200 HBA in an O2 250 mhz r10k, it appears in the
    hinv after autoconfigure, the eurologic array shows the green lights,
    but the FC hd doesn't mount, i look into system manager, hardware
    devices, and either, am i doing something wrong? or skipping a step?,
    i tried 2 dfferents hssdc - db9 cables, thanks for help

  2. Re: O2 Fibre Channel problem

    elduran@hotmail.com (elduran) wrote in message news:<4452a2fe.0309241923.2670b268@posting.google.com>...
    > I installed a qlogic 2200 HBA in an O2 250 mhz r10k, it appears in the
    > hinv after autoconfigure, the eurologic array shows the green lights,
    > but the FC hd doesn't mount, i look into system manager, hardware
    > devices, and either, am i doing something wrong? or skipping a step?,
    > i tried 2 dfferents hssdc - db9 cables, thanks for help

    First things first, depending on what version of IRIX you're running,
    you might need a patch. If you're running IRIX 6.5.15, 6.5.16 or
    6.5.17 (M or F) you need to install patch 4781 or the QLogic card just
    won't work. If you are running .18+ you need to install patch 5270.

    Next, when you boot or run scsiha -rp do any errors show in
    SYSLOG?

    Next, you say the Qlogic card shows in hinv, but do any disks show?
    Is your array a RAID or a JBOD? If it's RAID are any luns configured
    via the raid management software?

    Are you connecting to the disks directly or via a fabric? If connected
    via a fabric, be sure the disks aren't 'zoned' out from the O2. If
    you are connected directly be sure that the variable in
    /var/sysgen/master.d/qlfc that controls the connection method is set
    to allow point-to-point connection. If you change any of the vairable
    setting in the qlfc file you will have to run 'autoconfig -fv' and
    reboot the system to get a new kernel.

    If none of that works, it might be the array. Can you connect your
    array to any other systems and see the disks from there? I've never
    heard of Eurologic, do they claim that their arrays will work with
    IRIX?

+ Reply to Thread