cpu affinity with pthreads? - SGI

This is a discussion on cpu affinity with pthreads? - SGI ; Hi, Just wondering, is it possible to set the cpu affinity of a specific thread? I know pthread_setrunon_np() will set the cpu affinity of the current thread, but I'd like to set the affinity of other threads. Anyone know if ...

  1. cpu affinity with pthreads?

    Hi,

    Just wondering, is it possible to set the cpu affinity of a specific thread?
    I know pthread_setrunon_np() will set the cpu affinity of the current thread,
    but I'd like to set the affinity of other threads. Anyone know if this is possible?

    thx

  2. Re: cpu affinity with pthreads?

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003, Steven Wong wrote:

    > Just wondering, is it possible to set the cpu affinity of a specific thread?
    > I know pthread_setrunon_np() will set the cpu affinity of the current thread,
    > but I'd like to set the affinity of other threads. Anyone know if this is possible?

    I just took a look through the related kernel and Pthreads code, and
    it appears there is no way to do this as IRIX stands today. That's
    not to say it would be difficult to add, just that there are no
    hooks to make it happen in the current code.

    Brent

    --
    Brent Casavant bcasavan@sgi.com Forget bright-eyed and
    Operating System Engineer http://www.sgi.com/ bushy-tailed; I'm red-