Re: Capture SGI startup image - SGI

This is a discussion on Re: Capture SGI startup image - SGI ; Michael Doyle wrote: > Bjorn Ljungdahl wrote in message news: ... > >>Hello, >> >>I've seen images on the internet (don't remember >>where) where it seem like the startup image >>of for example an Indigo has been captured. >> >>Is ...

  1. Re: Capture SGI startup image

    Michael Doyle wrote:
    > Bjorn Ljungdahl wrote in message news:...
    >
    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I've seen images on the internet (don't remember
    >>where) where it seem like the startup image
    >>of for example an Indigo has been captured.
    >>
    >>Is that image stored somewhere in ROM or in
    >>IRIX or somewhere else?
    >>Can it be captured or extracted and saved as
    >>a file?

    Take a picture wiht a well setup Digital Camera.

    avi

  2. Re: Capture SGI startup image

    Avi Bercovich wrote:

    >>>I've seen images on the internet (don't remember
    >>>where) where it seem like the startup image
    >>>of for example an Indigo has been captured.
    >>>
    >>>Is that image stored somewhere in ROM or in
    >>>IRIX or somewhere else?
    >>>Can it be captured or extracted and saved as
    >>>a file?

    >Take a picture wiht a well setup Digital Camera.

    I've thought of that, but I don't think the
    quality will be good. Not on CRTs anyway
    since they are not flat (more or less).
    Maybe the quality can be good enough
    with a TFT monitor.

  3. Re: Capture SGI startup image

    Bjorn Ljungdahl writes:

    >Avi Bercovich wrote:

    >I've thought of that, but I don't think the
    >quality will be good. Not on CRTs anyway
    >since they are not flat (more or less).
    >Maybe the quality can be good enough
    >with a TFT monitor.

    It actually is quite good, I used to do this to produce slides for
    presentation. I used an SLR camera with ISO 200 slide films and turn all
    lights in the room off.

    Cheers

+ Reply to Thread