overlays install question - SGI

This is a discussion on overlays install question - SGI ; I Am very new to SGI world... I have a refurbished Octane with 6.5.13m installed. I Wanted to ugprade to something more recent. On the support sgi site the most recent downloadable version is: IRIX 6.5.17 Maintenance Release all the ...

  1. overlays install question

    I Am very new to SGI world...
    I have a refurbished Octane with 6.5.13m installed.
    I Wanted to ugprade to something more recent.
    On the support sgi site the most recent downloadable version is:
    IRIX 6.5.17 Maintenance Release
    all the newest seems to be locked or am I wrong ?

    so is this what I Shoudl do ?
    download 6.5.17 Maintenance Release CDs and
    upgrade my exisiting 6.5.13m booting from downloaded CDs ?

    OR should I upgrade from IRIX using the software management tools ?

    what is the standard way to upgrade to a newer maintenance release ?
    thanks

    Rick

  2. Re: overlays install question

    Dans article ,
    rj45@slacknet.com disait...

    > so is this what I Shoudl do ?
    > download 6.5.17 Maintenance Release CDs

    Yes...

    >and
    > upgrade my exisiting 6.5.13m booting from downloaded CDs ?
    >
    > OR should I upgrade from IRIX using the software management tools ?

    You can use the graphical software manager no problem.

    --
    Quis, quid, ubi, quibus auxiliis, cur, quomodo, quando?

+ Reply to Thread